Chapter 13

Stiles, Peter, Jackson and Lydia were introduced to Jacobs father Billy Black and Sue Clearwater, who's is Seth and Leah's mother. They had all gathered around the camp fire, whilst stories were told. Everyone was getting along, and they were enjoying themselves.

Stiles noticed Peter and Lydia having a deep conversation at one point, then they were smiling at each other, which shocked Stiles. Lydia would never entertain Peter back in Beacon Hills, after what he did to her. When Peter walked away to talk to Jackson and Seth, stiles went to speak with Lydia.

"So, hows it going?." Stiles asked.

"Okay I guess. Everyone seems really nice. I can see why you like it here."

"I do like it here Lyds. Its peaceful and I have people here who want me in their lives. It feels nice you know."

"I wanted you in my life Stiles. I hate what they did to you, even if they thought they were protecting you, they should have known that no good would have come from it."

"Do you think I'm being selfish for not wanting to tell them I'm alive?."

"No I don't. If they knew, they would try and get you back."

"Even though I'm a vampire now?."

"Yeah, it would be a shock to them, but they would still try, and I know you don't want that, hell I don't want that for you. I'm glad you are out of there. I'm glad I'm out of there. That town is toxic, and think this will be good for me, good for all of us. Jackson looks happy, you look happier than I've ever seen you and even Peter seems different here."

"Talking of Peter, you two looked deep in conversation before, you were also both laughing."

"He apologized to me. For everything. Explained why he did what he did. Did you know that the Hales made a promise to my Grandmother, that they would bite me before I turned 21, to unlock the banshee part of me?."

"No, I didn't. But why?."

"Apparently my grandmother never received the bite, and when she became a banshee, she slowly went insane, that's how she ended up Eichan House. So Peter did me a favor, which coincidentally helped his little death problem, also because my banshee side was unlocked before I turned 21, there is a strong possibility that I won't age, or die."

"Wow, we get to be together for a long time."

"Yeah, I know. Anyway, I have forgiven him for it. I can see he has changed. This place has changed him, but I also think you have changed him."

"Really?."

"Yeah, you have given him a pack Stiles. Something Derek never did. Derek could never get passed what he did to Laura, so he never fully accepted him in the pack. You were the only one that was keeping him sane. The bond you two have is something special. I think he saw you as his Alpha Stiles. Still does."

"Never thought I would hear you speaking about Peter Hale like that."

"Neither did I. He asked me if I wanted to maybe go out sometime."

"As in a date?"

"Yeah, a date Stiles."

"I never saw that coming, what did you say?."

"I said yes. I mean, he's not the same Peter from before, and I want to give him a chance, plus have you seen him, he's sex on legs, plus I'm into older guys."

"OMG Lydia." Stiles choked.

Lydia was smiling as Stiles tried to stop coughing. Stiles looked at Peter, and knew he had heard, because he had a huge smile plastered on his face. Stiles can see the appeal, Peter is a very good looking man, but Stiles has come to love Peter like family. He sees Peter more of a father figure.

"Not been funny Lyd's, I mean, I would love nothing more for the two of you to get together, but you hated him, he gives you one apology and you are willing to go on a date with him."

"It's only a date Stiles, it doesn't mean we are are dating, or will be dating. We may decide we just don't like each other. Anyway, its not just the apology. Back home, after you were kicked out, Peter went off on one with Derek. Telling him how it feels to be left alone, and explained what it was like for him as he was in the hospital all those years. It kind of pulled at my heart strings a little, and the way he spoke up for you, I felt proud of him. It was weird at the time, believe me, but I remembered all those times the two of you were together in the loft, both on the side lines. I just want to give him a chance."

"I understand. We all hated him at one point, even me. I helped to kill him remember. But every time I saw him sat alone in the loft, and Derek and the pack ignoring him, I hurt for him. I imagined it being me sat there, and how I would feel. He is still a dick." Stiles heard Peter snort. He was still listening. "But once you get to know him, the real him, he is the most loyal, kind hearted man to the ones that he loves. And I know he loves me, as I love him."

"I can see that. It's one of the reason's why I want to give him a chance." Lydia said.

"Who is it, you want to give a chance to may I ask?." Peter said as came walking over with a cocky grin.

"You're an asshole Peter, you know very well who, you listened to the whole conversion creeper wolf." Stiles scoffed.

"creeper wolf? I thought I was Zombie wolf?"

"You can be both." Stiles joked.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have been ease dropping, but It's hard when I know you are talking about me." Peter said.

"You would have been ease dropping no matter who we were talking about." Stiles said.

"That's true. You know me too well."

Lydia laughed. "I will leave you two girls alone, I'm going go talk to Jackson and Seth."

"You have to stop doing stuff like that Peter, if you want her to warm up to you more." 

"She thinks I'm sex on legs, I think she is already warm for me."

Stiles slapped his hand on his forehead. "God, you two are going to be the death of me. I know it."

"I will behave Stiles." Peter smirked.

"Yeah, I will believe it when I see it. Just don't mess her about, and don't hurt her."

"Stiles, believe me, I wouldn't have asked her out if I didn't like her. I'm not messing her about and I have no intention to hurt her, you have my word."

"I know, I'm sorry. I'm going to go find my mate, why don't you go and mingle, and be nice."

"I'm always nice." Peter sassed as he walked away.

Stiles cant help but think that this could be really good for them both, or its going to be a train wreck, and he will be the one to pick up the pieces as usual.