Chapter 19

Stiles found Derek sat by a tree in the woods.

"Hey sourwolf."

Derek laughed at the nickname. He had missed it.

"Hey."

Stiles sat down next to him.

"You never answered Isaac. Would you really try to force me to come home?."

"No. You have made it clear you don't want me."

"Derek, I wanted to be with you, I knew you were my mate. I heard you telling Peter that you wanted to wait to tell me, wait until I turned 18, but you never did. I waited for you, why didn't you tell me."

"I was going to but then the threat came. I honestly thought that sending you away was for the best. Then I was going to get you back and hope that you forgave me. I lose everyone I love and I didn't want to lose you to the alpha pack. They would have killed you if you didn't go with them, and I couldn't bare that. I'm sorry Stiles,  really I am. I'm sorry for being a jerk since we got here. I just.... god I love you Stiles, and seeing you with someone else, someone who is a vampire, I lost it. My wolf just wanted to lash out. "

"I'm a vampire too remember."

"I know. And I don't think you are a monster Stiles. Its hard seeing you as a vampire when you didn't want to be a werewolf."

"It wasn't a choice, but I would have died for real, if Jasper hadnt saved me and turned me. And honestly, I like it. I feel more alive than I ever did."

"I can see that. I just didn't want to believe it."

"Things could have been different with us if you hadn't kicked me out, but you did. And I'm not going to lie, it hurt. I made the decision to not tell you all that I wasn't dead, but honestly I wanted you all to suffer for hurting me. I wanted you all to blame yourselves. "

"Well you succeeded." Derek said.

"Yeah, kind of feel like shit about it now to be honest."

"Yeah."

"Yeah. Like I said you all hurt me, but I'm also really grateful to you all. I'm happy. Happier than I have been in a long time."

"You look good. Like really good. This place suits you. Also I hate to say this but Jasper seems nice."

Stiles raised and eyebrow.

"Okay he's a douche."

Stiles laughed.

Derek smiled. "No seriously, if he loves you and treats you right, he's okay by me. Just can you maybe keep the PDA to a minimum when I'm around."

"I can do that. I don't want to hurt you Derek."

"Do you think we could ever be friends again?." Derek asked.

"I don't know."

Derek nodded looking sad.

"Its going to take some time, but  hopefully one day. But do you think that we can be friends?"

"I want you in my life Stiles. Even if its not with me."

"Okay, we can work on it. Scott and my dad have to earn my trust again too."

"I will do anything for you to trust me again Stiles."

"I believe you."

"Let's go back, your boyfriend will think I've kidnapped you." Derek joked.

"Try and be nice to him. Also be nice to Peter."

"I will be nice to Jasper, and I will try to be nice to Peter."

"Don't blame him for not telling you. I made him promise. He's different here. And Lydia is good for him, strangely enough."

"How did that even happen?."

"Peter apologised for everything he did to her and told her about the promise made to her grandmother. Also she saw how he was with me and she softened towards him. Even lyds has mellowed here."

"I'm surprised, she hates the cold."

"It's beautiful here, so you look past the negatives."

"It is beautiful. I see why you like it. It has a calm relaxing feel."

"Plus its good for me, if I was in Beacon Hills with the heat, I would be sparkling like a disco ball?"

"A disco ball?."

Stiles laughed. "Yeah, we sparkle in the sun. Don't ask, other vampires like the Salvatores or the originals, they would burn in the sun and die, but they wear daylight rings. So they can walk about during the day. If the sun is out here, we have to stay indoors or at least away from human eyes. It would be rather obvious that we weren't human."

"I knew there were two types of werewolves, but I didn't know about vampires. At least you know you won't burn to ashes by going outside. "Derek said.

"Feel my skin." Stiles held out his arm for Derek to touch him. He looked hesitant.

"It's okay, go on." Stiles encouraged.

"Wow, you feel like marble, cold and hard. It's strange."

"We can break, but it won't kill us. The only way would be to set fire to us, so we can still burn."

"Do you realise you have just told me how I can kill your boyfriend."

Stiles laughed. "You kill him and I kill you."

"I believe you would." Derek laughed.

They had managed to walk back to the house and Jasper was waiting for them. He smiled as soon as he saw Stiles.

"You okay?." Jasper asked.

"Yeah I'm okay. We had a good talk."

Derek walked up to Jasper and held out his hand. "Look, I want to apologise for my behaviour. I was out of line. Me and Stiles have worked out some things, and I know he loves you. I see that now. I'm not going to try anything, so you don't have anything to worry about."

"Thank you Derek. I appreciate it, but know this. You hurt him again and I won't hesitate to kill you."

"I know, Stiles also said the same about you. Just... Promise me you will take care of him."

"I will." Jasper said.

"Good, then we should get along."

**

"Everything okay?" Peter asked.

Stiles nodded.

"So where are you guys staying?."  Stiles asked.

"We were talking about it when you and Derek were out. We were planning on staying in a hotel in town, but Peter has offered us there cottage for the pack to stay in." Noah explained.

"Oh that sounds like a good idea. So are you moving back here for a while." Stiles asked Peter.

"Yeah. Me, Lydia and Jackson will move back in here. It will be like old times."

"I might stay at Seths." Jackson said.

"Tomorrow, we were planning on a little training, if you would like to join us." Jasper said.

"What kind of training?." Erica asked.

"We need to be ready for when the alpha pack comes. Yes we are strong but we haven't fought your kind before. It would help if you could show us how to fight against your kind of werewolves. Let us know your weakness and so on."

"Sounds like a great idea." Derek said.

Stiles knew he was trying his best to be civil but it was a little obvious.

"Okay then. Tomorrow we start."