Chapter 12

"How did it go with Lydia, will she get the books?" Stiles asked.

"Yeah, she didn't seem surprised when I told her about Peter. She said she was happy for me. I also told her I found my mate, so she is looking forward to meeting him. I gave her the code for the vault and explained whereabouts the keypad was hidden. She was more concerned about the weight of the books in her luggage. I told her I would take her shopping to buy some more clothes so she would have room for the books."

Stiles laughed. "Sound like Lyds."

"Did she say anything about the pack?."

"Just that she hasn't spoken to them. They keep trying to get her to re-join the pack, but she told them where to go. I told her that me and Peter don't want to be found by the pack, so she told her mum she was going to London, to see me, since that's where everyone thinks I am. She has even booked a flight to London, here look." Jackson showed them Lydia's Facebook page. It showed her ticket and flight to London with a caption 'Going to London to see Jackson' "She's also put it on Instagram too."

"She is a smart girl our Lydia." Peter said. "But she is in for one hell of a shock."

**

The next morning, Jackson set off early to pick Lydia up. It was almost a 4 hour drive to Seattle from Forks. 

When he got to the airport, he waited for Lydia's flight to arrive. She ran and hugged him, when she saw him.

"So what's all the secrecy?." Lydia asked, as Jackson pulled her suitcase through the airport to the carpark.

"Its a surprise. Come on, we have a 4 hour car drive, then everything will become clear."

"4 Hours, I thought you were staying in Seattle?."

"No, I just told told you that just in case the pack heard or found out. We can't have them know where we are."

"Why not? It's not like they will come here"

"Like I said, its a surprise, and they would come here if they knew why we were here."

Lydia was intrigued.

When they got to Forks, Lydia looked at the 'welcome to Forks' sign confused. Why did that name ring a bell she thought.

"Couldn't you have picked somewhere a little warmer." Lydia said. "Its bloody freezing and its raining."

"Stop moaning, you will love it here, trust me."

They walked into the Cullen's home, well Jackson's home now too. He introduced everyone to her. She even smiled at Peter. 

"What are you?  I know you aren't human." Lydia said without thinking.

Carlisle laughed. "We are vampires. I believe you are a banshee. I've heard of them but never met one until now."

Lydia looked at Jackson. "Is this the surprise. that you're living with vampires?."

"I believe I'm the surprise Lyds." Stiles said behind her.

Lydia froze. She recognized that voice, but it couldn't be, he's dead. She slowly turned round and saw Stiles stood there, in the flesh."

Tears were streaming down her face. "How....I screamed for you. You died.....its not you, it can't be."

"It is me Lyds."

"But you died."

"I did die, sort of. I was run off the road. I was bleeding out, I was dying, but Jasper my mate rescued me."

"Your mate, but I thought,,,,,,"

"You thought Derek was my mate. He was, but Jasper is my true mate. He is a vampire, he turned me to save my life."

"So you're a vampire?."

"Yeah, actually I'm a hybrid, or so I've been told. I'm a Vampire Spark, I still have my magic, but since becoming a vampire, it seems to have gotten stronger."

"That's why Peter wanted the books, so he could train you."

"Yeah, I'm so sorry Lydia. When I turned my heart stopped beating. I knew you would have screamed for me. My first thought was that I would let my dad know that I'm okay, but then I remembered that they all kicked me out, even my dad, and before you say anything, I know why they did it, but I can never forgive them for it, for making my dad do what he did. I thought it was easier to let everyone think I was dead. So Carlisle sent the reports to the police, who then sent them to my dad."

"I understand Stiles, I just wish I knew, I would have come here sooner. Its been awful without you."

"Please don't tell the pack I'm alive."

"I wont Stiles. Besides, I left the pack. I don't want anything to do with them."

"Thank you Lyds."

"Come here you idiot." Lydia said grabbing Stiles and hugging him.

"Got you feel so cold.." 

"What do you expect, I'm dead remember."

Lydia laughed. "OMG your still a shit though. I missed you Stiles."

"I missed you too."

**

"Hey guys, Sam has invited you to a barbecue tonight, if you want to come. He wants to celebrate Seth's new mate, and he wants to meet Lydia too." Jacob said.

"I'm up for it, can Jasper come though?." Stiles asked, not wanted to be away from his mate.

"Yes Stiles, Jasper can come, Edward, Alice and Bella are coming too." Jacob said. 

"Yeah we do it quite often." Bella said. "The first time I went, they told me all about their pack and the quileute tribes. It was so much fun."

"Cool, I would like to know more too. it still seems really strange that you all get along." Stiles said.

"Its been hard." Jacob said. "But when I imprinted on Edward, they had no choice to accept him, and with that his family. We all get along now, and we stick together and work together  when ever there is a threat to the town."

Stiles looked sad. Peter saw this and immediately hugged Stiles. "They are idiots Stiles. They never deserved you." 

"He's right Stiles." Both Jackson and Lydia said, coming to join the hug. "Besides, we are all pack now."

"No, we are all family. And we don't abandon family." Carlisle said. Everyone else nodded.

"I cant believe how lucky I was to drive into this town." Stiles sobbed.

"I'm the lucky one." Jasper cut in, pulling Stiles away from his friends, to hug him. "I never thought I would find my mate, but then I found you. You came crashing into my life, like literally." Stiles laughed at that. "I could have lost you, before I even got to know you. I'm just glad you didn't hate me for turning you, without your consent."

"I could never hate you, and besides, look what I got out of it. I got the most gorgeous boyfriend, with a sexy southern accent, and I got a new family, who have accepted me. That's all I ever wanted, and your stuck with me now." 

"Glad to hear it babe." Jasper kissed Stiles sweetly.

"Aww, you two are so cute together." Lydia said.

"Wait till you meet Seth. Him and Jackson together are adorable."

"Come on, Lets go to Sams, and have some fun. " Jacob said.