Chapter 7

"Stiles, are you sure you don't want the pack or your father knowing you are alive?." Peter asked.

"I'm not alive Peter. I'm a vampire now, my heart no longer beats, so technically I am dead. Besides, I can't forgive them for what they have done, they hurt me. I might have forgiven them, but not after they got my dad to turn his back on me too, that, I just can not forgive. God, I can't even forgive my dad for agreeing to it. I can't blame the pups, they were just following orders from their Alphas. They left me with no one Peter. In some way, I want them to think I killed myself, so they can blame themselves for it, so they would think that they drove me to suicide. That was my first thought after I left Beacon Hills."

"What, suicide?." Peter asked.

"Yeah, I didn't want to go on. I felt empty. All the pack bonds broke and it hurt so bad. I now have a family who want me, a mate who wants me. And I still have you right? I still have you don't I Peter?."

Peter hugged Stiles. "Of course you have me. I'm not going anywhere. I will stay here with you, and I will get Jackson to come too."

"Thank you."

"You were the only one who looked out for me Stiles, no one else cared about me."

"You have Jackson now too."

"Yeah I do. I will call him with the address and tell him to come."

**

Jackson had already packed, and set off as soon as Peter called him. He left a note telling the pack that he that his parents wanted him to move to London, so that is where he had gone.

Lydia was upset that he left without saying goodbye, but understood why he did. She wanted to leave too. Most of the pack were keeping their distance from Derek and the Sheriff.

The sheriff received a flat package and a box. When he opened the flat package, he was horrified that it was confirmation that his son was dead. There were images of the wrecked burnt out jeep, along with images of a burnt body. The body was unrecognizable, what was left of it anyway, as their wasn't much. The sheriff ran to the toilets to be sick. 

When he sheriff got back to his office, he sat down to read the police report, and the autopsy and pathology report. The police report stated that it looked like Stiles was run off the road and his jeep had gone over a cliff. It said that his jeep had been crushed by the truck that ran into him, before catching fire. It said that it looked like the truck had lost control due to the icy conditions on the road. It confirmed that there was a lot of blood, from where the victim had been crushed. The blood was all over the body, as well as inside the vehicle, and partly outside of the vehicle. The autopsy and pathology report stated that the DNA did in fact match Stiles, both blood and skin cell samples. They were unable to get finger prints or dental records due to the severity of the damage caused by the fire, but the amount of blood that was on the scene, told them that the evidence was concrete.

The report also concluded that they had to cremate what remains were left.

The sheriff opened the box, revealing an urn containing his son's ashes. He couldn't believe this was happening. He only wanted his son safe, now he has lost him for good.

The sheriff sent the pack a text saying to meet at the loft late, he had something to show them regarding Stiles.

**

 Later that evening, the pack gathered at the loft.

"Is everyone here?." Noah asked.

"Yes." Lydia replied.

"No, Jackson isn't here." Scott said.

"Jackson left the pack Scott, he's gone to live with his parents in London." Lydia told them.

"Why would he just leave?." Derek asked.

"He couldn't stand to be anywhere near you or the Sheriff after what you did to Stiles. And I don't blame him, I don't want to be here either." Lydia said.

"I get it, everyone hates me, I hate myself too all right. I've lost my mate, and that's on me. I will never forgive myself for that, and I don't expect anyone else to either. Peter left because he couldn't stand the sight of me." Derek said looking hurt and guilty. "If none of you want to be hear, then leave. I'm not going to force you to stay."

"What did you want to show us Sheriff." Scott asked trying to change the subject.

"I received Stiles death certificate in the post today along with the police report and autopsy report and his ashes." Noah says as he outs the urn down on the table.

"You had him cremated without even telling us?" Derek growled.

"I don't owe you anything Derek, and I sure as hell don't need your permission regarding my son, but it wasn't my choice. There wasn't much of a body left to transport him here safety, so he was cremated."

"What do you mean, not much of a body?." Scott asked .

"It looks like his jeep was run off the road, and over a cliff. The truck that went into him, also went over, landing on top of the jeep, and crushing him inside and killing him instantly, which is a relief."

"Why is that a relief?." Derek growled.

"Because the jeep and the truck caught fire. After what your family and Peter went through, I can't imagine Stiles having to go through that. I can't bare thinking about it, that's why it's a relief Derek, to know that my son didn't suffer before he died." Noah said sobbing.

Derek was going to be sick. This was his fault.

"How do you know it was Stiles then?." Scott asked. "If there wasn't much of a body. He may have survived."

"Scott, you are a fucking idiot. I screamed when Stiles died. Derek's mate bond broke, out pack bonds broke. The sheriff has the police and the autopsy reports. He didn't survive this." Lydia shouted at him.

"Stiles blood and DNA was all over the jeep, inside and out, and on the body. Stiles body was still in the drivers seat, well what was left. I don't want to believe it Scott, but it was him." Noah said.