Gone Wrong // DreamNotNap

| platonic & romantic (it will make sense!) |

[6167 words]

***

Unaware that their friendship is about to become a lot more complicated, Dream, Sapnap, and George accept invitations to a party with their university friends.

On the night of the party, Sapnap drives with his boyfriend George in the passenger seat to the apartment complex where Dream lives. Upon their arrival at the parking lot, they witness George's best friend wearing a formal outfit: a dark green button-up shirt with neatly combed hair. He waves, face brightening with a broad smile when he spots Sapnap's car.

Practically bouncing with excitement, Dream bounds forward. "Hi, Sapnap! I love your denim jacket." Buckling himself into the back seat, Dream greets his best friend, "Hey, George! It's nice to see you, too!"

"Thanks for coming along, Dream." Sapnap sends a quick smile through the rear view mirror as he presses on the accelerator pedal and drives out of the apartment complex's parking lot. "I know it was kind of on short notice, but your outfit is nice, too!"

"Thank you." Slightly flustered from the compliment, Dream changes the subject. "I appreciate the ride. Where is the party?" Curiously he gazes out through the windshield to view the road ahead.

Looking up from the map application on his smartphone, George answers, "It's on Camero Street." Glancing sideways at his boyfriend, he asks, "Do you know where that is, Sapnap?"

"Yeah, I do," the driver nods.

The three friends descend into comfortable conversation as they travel to the party, which is located in a different apartment complex far from their university campus. Pink and orange hues paint the dusk sky as they arrive and find a parking spot near a concrete curb.

Together Sapnap, Dream, and George shove their smartphones and wallets into their pockets as they hop out of the car and onto the curb.

"You know people here, right?" George nudges the driver's elbow.

"Some of them were club members," Sapnap confirms. "Most of the people here should be pretty friendly."

"Good to know." George hums his acknowledgment.

In front of the couple, Dream leads the way as he follows handmade signs that read "PARTY THIS WAY!" with arrows. Every twenty seconds, he glances back at his friends to ensure that he does not walk too far ahead. As the group approaches one particular apartment unit with an open front door, the dull bass morphs into a thumping racket.

"It won't be this loud for the whole party, will it?" Dream glances back nervously.

"No, the music is only loud at the beginning," Sapnap reassures.

"I'm glad." Dream smiles gratefully, then he turns to face a man standing outside the apartment unit's front door: the makeshift bouncer.

When Sapnap waves politely, the "bouncer" recognizes him and steps aside, permitting the group's entry. Once they enter, Sapnap mutters to George, "That's Marvin from the sports club. He likes to act tough."

"I could probably pummel him," George scoffs.

"He's twice your size," Sapnap teases.

"Then I would make you help me pummel him," George points out.

Leaving the whispering couple behind, Dream navigates through the slowly-forming groups of partygoers until he reaches the apartment's kitchen. If I didn't come here to dance or make out with someone, then the next-best reason to come is for the free food.