Chapter 5

Peter told Derek he was leaving for a while.

"Peter, you can't just leave, what about the threat?."

"What threat? The Alpha pack wanted Stiles. He's dead now because of you."

"That's not fair Peter. I did what I thought was best. I wanted to protect him. He's my mate."

"Was your mate. I can't stay here, I need to get away from this hell hole for a bit. It's not like you want me around anyway."

"Peter, please." Derek pleaded as he watched his Uncle leave the loft.

Derek dropped down to his knees, crying. Finally coming to terms with what happened. His mate is dead, and it's his fault. He loved Stiles so much, he wanted him to be safe, away from the Alpha pack, and beg for fogiveness when it was all over. He never wanted to lose him.

As Peter left the loft, Jackson stopped him. "Where are you going, what's with the bags?."

"I'm leaving for a while, a friend has asked for my help."

"You can't leave me here, can I come with you?."

"Jackson, the pack needs you here. They are all mourning the loss of Stiles."

"And you think I'm not. Yeah we've had our problems, but he was my friend too, he was pack. And we wouldn't be mourning him, if our Alphas didnt kick him out, and also force his dad to do the same."

"I will be back, Jackson."

"When?."

"I don't know."

"Please dad." Jackson sobbed.

Peter froze.  This was the first time since they both found out, that Jackson acknowledged Peter as his father. Even the pack didn't know about it."

Peter turned around. "You called me dad?"

"Well, yeah. You are my dad, and I want to get to know you as my dad."

Peter walked up to Jackson and pulled him into a hug.

"Let me go, find out what my friend wants me to visit him for, and in the mean time, pack a bag, and I will ring you with the address to meet me in a few days, How does that sound?."

"Okay, you promise me."

"Yes Jackson, I promise."

**

Stiles and Jasper went for a walk to get to know each other. "Why do I feel this really strong pull to you?." Stiles asked. "We only just met, is it a vampire thing?." Stiles had an idea what it was, he only ever felt this pull with Derek, and Derek was his mate. But this was stronger, much stonger than that.

"Sort of, we are mates."

"Mates, So vampire have mates like werewolves have mates?."

"Yes, Stiles."

"I had a mate. He didnt know that I knew, I had heard him talking about it. He was waiting till I turned 18 before he told me, but then I had my 18th birthday, and he still never told me. I don't think he ever thought I would be able to feel the mate bond, because I was just a human, but he didnt know I was a spark, so I did feel it. I was going to bite the bullet, and talk to him about it, but he kicked me out of the pack."

Jasper growled. "He is an idiot. The mate bond should have broken when you died. I'm not going to lie, but if you were his mate, then he will be suffering."

"Good, he deserves it. I thought I was in love with him, Like I said I felt the mate bond, the pull towards him, but it wasnt as strong as it is with you."

"That's because we are true mates Stiles. people get mates, but it is rare to ever find your true mate."

"Sounds like I picked the right town to crash in to, huh." Stiles smiled.

"How are you feeling about it? We dont have to like be a couple if you dont want to, we can just be friends. I wouldnt want to force you into anything you didn't want or you weren't ready for."

Stiles turned to Jasper and leaned in slowly, not taking his eyes off of him. "Is this okay?." Stiles asked.

Jasper nodded, and Stiles kissed him. Just a chaste kiss, but a kiss that meant a thousand words.

"I want to be you mate Jasper. I want you to be my boyfriend, my partner, my friend."

"You dont know how long I've waited for you." Jasper said, resting his forehead against Stiles own. Me and Alice were together before. I knew she wasn't my mate, same as she knew I wasn't hers, but we stayed together until Bella came along. Alice knew Bella was her mate, but Bella didnt feel it the same way as she was human although she was attracted to Alice, so they gave it a go, after a few hiccups along the way which involved both Edward and Jacob, but that's a story for another day. Alice turned Bella, and now they are in love. Alice told me you were out there, and that you would crash into my life one day. But she couldnt tell me when that would be. Also her visions can change. The future isnt set in stone. But you are here now."

"I'm probably going to be a mess for a while. I mean my friends hurt me, even my dad. It's going to take some time to get over that. Are you okay with that?."

"Yes, I finally found you, I'm not letting you go, ever unless you want me to." Jasper said and he kissed Stiles again, this time more urgent. Jasper pushed him against a tree, and kissed him more sliding his tongue in. Both of them fighting for dominance. They were kissing none stop for 10 minutes.

"Wow, I don't need to stop for breath, that's awesome." Stiles squealed quickly spinning them around and pinning Jasper the the same tree.

Oww."Jasper grunted.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you." Stiles said looking horrified.

"No, It's okay, it's just you're stronger than me, than any of us at the moment."

"Really? Even Emmett?."

"Yes, even Emmett. All newborns are stronger."

"Oh, I can see me having some fun with him then. Maybe an arm wrestle or something."

Jasper laughed. "Oh that will be fun, he hates to lose."