RULE #6

- y/n
"where is she..?"

i impatiently tapped my foot on the ground, staring at my phone while waiting for the notorious heartbreaker. i can't believe it, did i just fall for one of her tricks? i got up and turned around, disappointed at myself.

i knew it, i should have never believed the words of a pretty liar.

i was about to take my 3rd step away, when i heard my name being called.
"y/n-ah! ya! sorry, did i keep you waiting?"

and for some reason, my heart suddenly started to beat a little faster. was i excited to see her? well, yes, yes i was! but that was becaue it meant that she wasn't lying and i was going to see the libary.. right? trying to hide the smile from my face, i turned around to see Sana in front of me. a wide smile on her face as her chest rised and fell quickly, she was struggling to catch her breath, her hair was messy and her cheeks were flushed but still tried to keep a 'charming' face in front of me. i sighed and shook my head, this is useless. "sana" i started, catching her attention. "y-yes, y/n-ah?" she stuttered, still panting. i sat her down on the bench i was previously sitting on a while ago and grabbed the comb from pocket and gently ran it through her hair. after doing so i noticed a little dust on her blazer, so i brushed it off and then stepped back, looked at her, seeing as she looked more neat, then finally smoothened out her blazer's collar with my hand. "you're with me, silly. be as relaxed as you can be" i said, taking out my handkerchief and handing it to her. "pat yourself dry" i told her and she stared at the handkerchief in my hand, seemingly surprised.

then her expression turned into a much more genuine and appreciating one before accepting it and looking back at me.

"thank you, i thought you were mad i was late" she said as she proceeded to wipe her forehead and face. "no, i was about to be. what took you so long?" i asked and she now looked apologetic. "i stopped by the bathroom and wanted to look the best for you, but was distracted on the way" she explained, sounding a little off but i didn't bother to ask. i just let out a little sigh and nodded. "when you feel rested, let's go" i said and she was surpisingly silent, staring down at her hands that played with my handkerchief. this was a new sight to see, and definitely most puzzling to witness. she looked shy and troubled right now. what ever could have possibly happened to her a few minutes ago that would cause her to be like this? i looked away from her. i can never really know what goes on in the mind of someone like her, can i?

a girl who cheats. a girl who plays. a girl who could never take anything seriously.

so it's only right that i don't take her seriously too.

/ sana.
what just happened?

i was expecting y/n to be mad at me but that wasn't the reaction i got. she looked disappointed when i arrived, but no more than 5 seconds after seeing me she looked concerned. i guess it was because i was panting. why wouldn't i be? i ran from all the way the school's 3rd building to the school's front gates, knowing that y/n can easily get mad, especially with me but i wasn't expecting to have her handkerchief in my hands. it smelled great too, like lavender.

but what really caught me offguard, was how she looked at me gently while i struggled to keep my cool in front of her. embarassment was catching up to me since i know i looked like a mess and yet, she didn't say a word and never looked at me with an expression i would usually receive when looking like this. she instead gave me a little fixer upper and didn't raise her temper. i was surprised with the patience she has, this side of her was different from how she was with her friends.

- get yourself together, Sana.

right, right. i was breathing steadily now, so i got up and put a smile on my face. "should we go now, y/n?" i asked and she nodded, "ready when you are".

this was definitely a new experience to me. usually i take girls out for shopping, to eat at some high class restaurant, or anything that satisfies their money craze. that's the easiest route to a girl's heart anyway. spoiling them with things they want.. but this date didn't require that. the price of the passes to the library was nothing compared to the total amount ot the receipts of the previous dates i had with my past flings. this date will definitely be boring. imagine being stuck in a building of silence for a few hours.

i felt hesitant thinking of it, but then i suddenly remembered why i was doing this, the dare. ah, right, the dare. i shook the hesitant thoughts out of my head and looked at y/n, who was walking silently beside me and seemed to have been quietly observing her surroundings as usual.

i grabbed y/n's hand and her head turned to look at me, surprised. "what are you doing??" she asked, flustered. i smiled at her and placed her handkerchief in her palm. "i forgot to return this to you" i said and she calmed a little. "keep it" she said. "what? but it's yours" i said and she nodded, "i know but you used it". i was befuzzled. "what? didn't you yourself use it too?" i asked and she shook her head at me. "then why'd you bring this for?" i asked, trying to make a conversation. "i don't know why either" she answered, looking back at the road. "why do something without a reason?" i asked again, getting a little curious now. "i don't know, does everything need to have a reason?" she countered, now looking back at me. "of course, that's just the way it is" i told her and she had a smirk on her face now. "so you have a reason to toy with girls' feelings then?" her question caught me off guard, and yes, this was true but i had a defensive expression on my face and crossed my arms. "i don't toy with girls' feelings, y/n" i denied and she chuckled. "then why do i usually see you flirting with a new, different girl everytime i see you?" she countered.
think sana, think of a smartass reply.
"well you saw me yesterday, and you're seeing me today but you don't see any other girl with me right? also if you're telling me that every girl i'm with flirts with me, then that must mean we're flirting too?" i said with a sly smile, and she was taken aback, flustered. "n-no, Sana! that wasn't what i meant" she huffed and i laughed, the girl looked a little adorable as she lost the confidence that was rising within her a few minutes ago and was now turning into a flustered mess. "alright, alright y/n but please do take your handkerchief back" i said and wiped the sweat beads forming on her forehead, probably from the quick tension we had a few minutes ago along with the sun's heat. she huffed and took it back, hastily wiping her face on her own. she looked rather adorable being flustered like this and i couldn't help but laugh a little.

i guess, being with her like this in a boring place wouldn't be bad after all.

a/n ; lmao missed writing this. pardon if this seems bad compared to what i had previously written, i haven't been writing for so long 😭