rule #11

/ y/n
"mhm, jihyo unnie?"

"y/n, it's almost getting dark, when are you coming home?" she asked, worry evident in her voice. i looked at the sleeping girl on my lap, she's been asleep for almost an hour and i still don't have the heart to wake her up.

".. yeah unnie, don't worry i'll get home safe" i assured her in a hushed voice, doing my best to not wake sana up. "you're not coming home yet?! ya, kim y/n! did you not understand what jihyo just said?? it's getting dark!!" i flinched and put the phone away, nayeon's loud voice booming from my phone. "i know, i know, but i have to stay. sana's still sleeping" i said, staring at sana whom nudged a little, ah, nayeon is so noisy. "asleep.. why is she asleep?? where are you-- oh no, are you sharing a bed together?! are you at the hotel or-" ahh i felt my face heat up at every single word nayeon was saying and her voice was too loud so my finger instinctively hit the end button.

realizing what i had just done, i dialed jihyo's phone again. "oh no.." jihyo didn't answer the call. shit, i rang her phone again and thankfully she answered on the second ring. "you're in big trouble, y/n. nayeon unnie got mad, she's currently heading to your phone's location" my eyes widened, internally panicking. "unnie got it all wrong, we're not at a hotel. we're a library. sana happened to have fallen asleep on my lap" i explained and i heard how dumbfounded jihyo was and dropped her phone, probably on the touch. i could then hear them shouting in the background.

"shit, ya, tzuyu!! call nayeon, tell her to come back!"
"unnie, nayeon unnie isn't answering her phone!"
"can anyone track her location!?"
"no her phone's turned off!"

if only we weren't at crisis right now i would have been laughing at how chaotic we were being. i sighed.

"unnie, let her be, nayeon unnnie will just have to find out herself" i said and felt sad. i actually don't want this date to end. not after when finally it starting to feel nice and comforting. to feel the calm ambiance in the library, the faint smell of coffee from the cups and hearing sana's soft snores all while reading feels so calming and soothing to the soul. i never knew i'd be actually in a situation like this, let alone with someone like sana. i never knew how much difference it also made that i have someone reading with me, even if.. she did doze off more than actially read with me.

having her presence here with me, it felt better.

but.. i usually prefer to read alone. in the past, i did try to join other people and read with them but it didn't feel as nice as this. i felt more annoyed actually, so i stopped. i was also expecting to have that same thought today but no. i wonder why? no matter how hard to try and think about it, i can't seem to find an answer why i kind of like sana's company when at first, the thought of being in one room made my skin crawl.

yet there she was, on me, sleeping.

i felt not a bit of annoyance, hate or grudge. the more i spent time with her, the more my impressions of her got better. i'm starting to think that the rumors and speculations about her aren't true. sana teased a lot but she didn't actually flirt too much.
all she did was say that she liked me and complimented me.

"... sana is sleeping.. at the library?"

i was startled as i heard nayeon unnie's voice. "yeah. you didn't even let me tell you where i am" i huffed, playfully rolling my eyes at her. "why the hell is her head on your lap?" she asked and rolled her eye at me, for real, sitting on the bean bag across us. "because i let her" was all i said and tried to get back to my book, hoping nayeon doesn't ask silly questions. "how did you even get here unnie?" i asked, opening up a topic before she does. to my disappointment, she took the book in my hands away and showed me the grey card in her hands.

"now tell me, are you in a relationship with sana already?"

damn it. i felt my face heat up once more. "no, unnie. we're not in a relationship, geez" i tried my best not to raise my voice and instead, covered my face to hide my embarassment and looked away. hoping she stops there. oh, but knowing nayeon unnie.. she'll ask-

"- then are you in love with sana?"

"no!.. n-no, i'm not" after my sudden outburst, i looked back down at sana whom let out a groan and moved a little. i really have to keep quiet and learn how to control my voice.
"you better not be lying, kim y/n" nayeon unnie said in a stern voice and crossed her arms, looking away. "sana isn't good for you, in the first place i was against with you coming with her, only jihyo told me that you have your own life and we're not supposed to interfere but.." nayeon looked away, her angry expression turning into a sad frown. ".. i just don't want to see you so torn and broken like you did a year ago" my heart softened a little at unnie's words. hm, they must really love me, don't they?

"i get it, unnie. thank you but rest assured, it won't happen again"

nayeon let out a huff and shook her head. "of course it won't, not on my watch" she said and took out her phone. "and that means, i'll be staying here until you go home. no buts, ifs and ors. i'm watching over you" hearing her stern voice, i know i had no choice. i just shook my head and went back to my book.

- -
/ sana

smells nice.. feels nice..

the place around me smells so nice and i felt like head was on the softest pillow on earth. i opened one of my eyes half-way as the light was too bright and to my shock, in front of me was someone and.. then i remembered.

i fell asleep on y/n's lap.

i opened both my eyes and looked up but didn't move my head, y/n was too focused reading, she hasn't noticed me yet. i smiled. i slept on y/n's lap.

i slept on y/n's lap!!

for some reason, i felt so happy. this was an achievement i've yet to tell momo!! i grinned and reached out to pinch y/n's cheeks who looked at me surprised. "hmm.. hey y/n. seeing you first thing when i wake up certainly feels nice.." i yawned and stretched a little, getting up.

"goodmorning, ms. minatozaki"

a/n ; i'm currently writing a new story in my drafts. do follow so u'll be updated when i've already uploaded it! also, do interact with me on twt, i'm currently looking for moots and friends<33