RULE #8

/ y/n

i felt uneasy. sana was sitting too close to me.. and worse, she's even staring at me. i tried to make her stop by teasing her but she always manages to put me off with her cheesy replies. why am i so affected anyway?

- but the way she looks at me while she said it. i felt so.. special.

damn it, y/n. you're only here for the books, not for the dirty heartbreaker next to you.

trying to get my mind back on the book i was reading, i was again interrupted by sana whom, placed her cheek in her hand and stared at me.
she tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear and in the very corner of my eye, i could see her smiling. stop. stop. you're making my heartbeat fast.

"what are you doing, y/n-ah? i never knew you could look so pretty even while doing nothing"

i huffed, ignoring her or else i might do something i would regret. i hate it how easily swayed i am by how gentle and soft she's acting right now, even if i know it was only a facade to try and win me over.

"y/n-ah, i hope you oneday finally look at me the way i look at you"

refusing to talk but refusing to reciprocate her actions, i turned around and i suddenly heard her adorable- no, obnoxious- yes, obnoxious and annoying giggle. "hey, why did you turn around? perpaps you're getting flustered?" she giggled, placing a hand on my shoulder that even made me more embarassed. it wasn't everyday that i experience these kinds of things and now that i think of it, this is the first time i said yes to a date.. in ages.

it's been so long since i went out with someone and..

and i suddenly got reminded of her.

"y/n-iee, hey, look at me, love. are you embarassed? it's okay.. you're still adorable anyway"

i shook my head. no, i'm not supposed to think of her. not now, not tonight, not anytime, not anymore.

"fine, if you don't wanna turn around then i'll just.." i heard some shuffling noises and then now, sana was in front of me. a large adorable-- no, rather OBNOXIOUS smile plastered on her face. "there, now i have an even more better view of you" she grinned, again, back to staring at me. "don't you have any other better things to do than just stare at my face?" i asked, putting all my attention and focus on the page that was suddenly hard for me to read because of the feeling that sana was staring at me. i haven't even turned a page yet. "is there even anything more beautiful than you, y/n?" she said in a trance-like tone. i hate it! ah, i hate the way she compliments me. it makes me feel special.. and i hate it. i shouldn't feel this way.

the last time i gave in, it was the most terrible thing i have ever done in my life. i don't want to repeat that mistake and let me hurt myself again.

/ sana
adorable.

i decided to let y/n off the hook a little and decided to process my thoughts.

i just can't help but think of how amusing y/n could actually be. this date was boring all in all since there was no flirting, no shopping, no flaunting, nothing. it required nothing at all, not even talking but sitting here, next to her.. the dullness i was feeling slowly starts to drift away.

- because s-she's amusing, right? yeah that's right, she's just entertaining. that's it and that's all.

y/n smelled nice, she had a hint of a rather girly and lavender scent. out of all the girls i went out with, she smelled the nicest. her perfume wasn't too strong to the nose, it was just right. i looked at my lap and stared at the book. i guess it wouldn't be a crime to try and read it, right?

i opened the book and went to a random page.

".. and for every glance i take,
my adoration was never faked,
i hold you dear, i shall not shake.
thy feelings shall remain,
i would put everything at stake.
just to have you within my fate"

cringe.. but.. sweet, i guess. to risk your all for someone? it's a sweet thing to do.. but kind'of stupid.

why would you risk something-- or yourself at that matter, for a person you're not even entirely sure that would stay until the end? as romantic as it sounds, it's just plain stupid.

i'd rather keep myself happy and complete than waste myself for nothing, thank you very much. i shook my head and placed the book down.

romance.. love, it's a stupid concept. i don't know why everyone's so caught up with the feeling of it.

a/n ; i hope u liked it. i'm looking forward to uploading more often, for real this time, i also made a new twt acc where you can interact with me! thank you for supporting love foolish despite the slow updates<3