RULE #7

/ sana
"sana, look! it's so big!"

in a matter of seconds, just as soon as we got inside, the girl who seemed so hard to get and hard to approach had been acting like a kid right in front of me. her eyes shined at the large and spatious library, she couldn't focus on what part to go to first. she kept looking at what? even i couldn't tell, was she looking at the bookcases? the cafe? the reading corners? i have to admit though, this was an adorable sight to see. something i never saw often at campus.

she finally seemed to have already decided what to do as she looked at me with a wide smile and an innocent expression that made her seem so child-like. i never knew y/n had this charm to her, i guess that's why her friends tend to baby her a lot.

"sana! let's go and look at the books first, then let's go eat later"

i just nodded and started to mindlessly follow her from behind while staring at her. still amused at this side of her that i just witnessed.

kim y/n?
how on earth are you this different from how i usually see you everyday?

at campus you look quiet and aloof in the hallways, i thought the way you interacted with your friends was already a big enough surprise, but actually interacting with you alone and in person is more different from how i first thought of you as.

deeper in the maze of books we went, a strong aroma of varnish was present, meaning that the shelves were just new but i could also smell a hint of a coffee and sweets, which probably came from the nearby cafe. the library had a calming ambience, all too calming even, i was feeling drowsy.

another thing to point out is that i don't usually go to places like this and it was something new for me. the girls i usually take out for dates prefer malls, bars or party places where it's always so noisy and crowded. those places either reeked of teenage hormones or sweaty people. this was new. i felt like i was in some whole new world.

- but it feels nice.

"sana? sana!" i was pulled out of my trance as the girl calling for my attention in front of me already had 3 thick books in her arms. "you're.. going to read all that?" i asked, surprised and she nodded and looked at me with a somewhat disappointed and confused face. "we've been roaming around the whole place, have you not seen an interesting book?-" from confused to a smug smirk, her tone suddenly changed. "- ah, right. people like you don't read books, you read girls" she teased. not wanting to look like i was affected and that she was right, i randomly grabbed a book from the shelf. "what do you mean? i already found a book to read!" i exclaimed and she giggled, shaking her head.
".. i never knew you were interested in love poems, sana, but whatever fits your taste" she said and held my wrist this time, which was another surprise but i looked at the book i was holding.

"i love you in one thousand ways"

what.. kind of crap is that? shit. i don't.. god, sana you're looking like an idiot. where's your charm? your charisma? why are you so easily swayed today anyways? y/n is still just an ordinary girl and this is just an ordinary date. it's just a new experience and not a special one. snap out of it.

i sighed as we found a nice spot that had a small coffee table and two bean bags to sit on. she sat down and i noticed that the bean bags were too far apart, so i pulled the other closer to her so i could sit right next to her. she looked at me with an eyebrow raised. "what do you think you're doing?" she asked, not even appreciating the fact that a girl who's constantly being surrounded by girls is currently trying to approach her. the nerves she has, sheesh. "sitting closer, what else? don't forget y/n, i like you. i just want to be near you" i said, smiling a little to hide my lie.

no, no i don't like you. i never did and i never will.

"uh-huh, sure you do" after saying that, she then looked at the book she had in her hands and no more than a minute, she already lost herself in her own world.

and.. meanwhile, i was honestly getting bored now.

the place was so quiet and my date isn't even talking to me. there's nothing else to do here but to read and reading is boring for me. gosh.
i took out my phone and went on social media but.. nothing there caught my interest. i can't bother to talk and chat with someone else either, i might come off as more of a playgirl to y/n.

"sana? why aren't you reading your book?" she teased, knowing all too well that i reading something like that would be embarassing to me.. but also knew that i didn't want to embarass myself and make myself look like an idiot who asked her out on a library date but knows nothing about books when in fact, i really do know nothing. "u-uhm, nothing. i just want to rest my eyes a little before i read" i said, looking away and avoiding eye contact. damn it, it isn't like me to be nervous but now that i'm realizing that this kind of date was out of my expertise, i have no choice do i?

y/n is a really hard to read girl. see, do one wrong move and you get a cold and hot tempered y/n, do a right one and you see a childish one but if you do nothing at all, you get something in between.. or worse- an annoying y/n who teases a lot.

"rest your eyes? why? do you have eyesight problems? i refuse to believe, you have a such a good eye when it comes to choosing girls"

damn it. she's too blunt. "i already told you y/n, i didn't choose those girls. they chose me, they confessed" i said and finally thought of a cheesy reply to tell her. "- but i refuse to believe i have bad eyesight either, since my eyes are only focused on the girl in front of me right now" i said and again, her mouth that was ready to snapback had closed shut and a flustered expression remained on her face.
"whatever you say, sana. you're being cheesy" she looked back at her book and looked annoyed once again. hey, i'm getting better at this.

i smiled, trying to think of more ways to woo the booknerd beside me.