rule #12

/ y/n
"n-nayeon.. unnie! fancy seeing you here!"

i giggled seeing sana's embarassed and flustered expression. "yeah, dozing off on the first date? turn off" nayeon, trying to be sassy, rolled her eyes at sana. "good thing y/n's a sweetheart" she added and crossed her arms, terribly failing at trying to hide her angry daze at sana. "uhm so uh-- did you come to pick her up?" sana asked, trying to regain her composure as she dusted her clothes off. "oh no, no. i just came here to accompany her, go ahead-" nayeon's choice for her next words suddenly changed, even i felt threatened.

"- be daring and try go do whatever you want with her"

she finally gave in and was practically burning holes in sana's head all while using such a dead-cold tone she usually uses to scare younger rebellious students at school. i nervously laughed. i guess she's not called council president for nothing.
sana looked at her phone, probably trying to divert her attention.

"o-oh, look at the time! how about we all call it a day and head home?"

i sighed.. and there it was. "great idea, sana" nayeon said and got up. "let's go, y/n" was all she said and huffed, going ahead. i looked at sana and smiled apologetically. "unnie's just not used to me being out on dates.. that's all. i'm sorry" i felt genuinely guilty. sana didn't do anything wrong and yet my friends are acting as if she tried to harass me, in fact, sana's been really gentle and patient on me.. especially when i got snapped at her earlier.

sana looked surprised a little but smiled back. she got up and held her hand out in front of me. i looked at her hand in even more guilt. see? she's actually been taking good care of me.
i grabbed her hand and she pulled me up and into her embrace.

"it's okay y/n, understanding you is part of loving you"

her voice was more gentle and comforting this time and as she pulled away, she left a kiss on my forehead. "let's go?" she asked and all i could respond was with a smile. since my sudden outburst after i woke up, sana has been treating me differently. but in a good way.

it feels nice. i can't lie.

we walked out the library after placing the books back were we took them.

not wanting to let go of her hand, i nervously held tigher on it as nayeon saw us, i felt her respond with a quick squeeze. "took you long enough" nayeon scoffed. "sorry, unnie. we had to clean up of course" sana apologized before me. nayeon just looked away and started walking. "sorry.." i whispered to sana and she nodded, giggling. "it's okay" she whispered back. "i'll take you home" she added and lifted our clasped hands together, kissing it. "i want to keep you safe" i couldn't help but blush and shyly averted my gaze. the way sana's been acting for the rest of the day.. damn it.

/ sana
"so this is where you live, hm?"

"yeah" y/n nodded sadly. i felt equally as sad as her. i didn't want the day to end but i didn't want to get on nayeon's bad side and have y/n banned from going out with me. i hugged her and pat her head. "it's okay, there's still next time, we'll go to the library again" i whispered in her ear. y/n hugged me tighter and nodded.

"y/n!! come on inside, it's getting cold!"

y/n held onto my hand a little as she walked away. inside she went and suddenly, an empty feeling filled my chest.

i've never felt this sad after i've parted ways with a girl.

but i thought of my interactions with y/n today. her smile, her laugh, her little snarky replies and her pretty face i just.. i can't help but..

i held my head in frustration. "ahhh, sana!! what's going on with you?" i exclaimed, what? why? this isn't falling in love, right?? that's impossible. i can't fall in love. love is stupid! love is meaningless. to fall in love is to embrace lies.. right?

but why can't i stop thinking about her?

i groaned and grabbed my phone, trying to think of who to tell about this. mina? no, shes upset about this and will probably think i'm lying about it. chaeyoung? no, mina will find out since i'm sure she's with her. momo? no, she'll tease me about it.
jeongyeon? well.. she seems the most reliable right now.

i dialed her phone as i started to walk off, it indeed really was getting chilly, and i didn't want to catch a cold.

"hello? sana? what's up?" she asked, the background sounding a little noisy. she's probably at the cafe.
"are you busy, jeongyeon-ah?" i asked with my heart beating nervously. it was the first time i would talk about a girl like this, i'm not used to it.
"not much, why?" she asked and i gulped. here goes nothing.

"i-i've been feeling certain ways.. after my date y/n. i wanted to talk about it"

after 10 long, dreadful seconds. jeongyeon finally answered back. "alright, head to the cafe. tell me about it"

i took a deep breath. jeongyeon better not be like momo and tease me about this.