Imagination

Shawn's POV
I was never really paid attention to by people at school. I wasn't disliked, but I wasn't loved. More like invisible. No one bothered me but no one really bothered to talk to me either. So everyday at school I just minded my own business, and after school I would hang out with my friends that went to a different school.
But man, there was this one girl. Her name is Y/F/N. She's the most popular girl in school. Every boy wants her and obsesses over her, and I'm guilty of that. I'm definitely one of those boys. There's a difference between me and every other boy though. They want to get in her pants, but since the seventh grade all I've ever wanted was to get to know her. I love everything she does, every gesture she makes, the sound of her voice, how easily she's amused, her smile, her gorgeous eyes, and how sweet she is even though she could have anyone and anything she wants. I sound like a total creep but I guess you could call it love at the sight of someone.
She lives three houses down from me, and every morning I look out the window to see her walking to school. Everyday I wish I had the courage to just go outside when I see her and ask her if she wants to walk with me. Hell every time I look at her, I imagine the things we could be. But I'm Shawn Mendes aka Mr. Invisible, and she's Y/F/N, the queen of Pickering High School. The most I've gotten out of her is a smile when she caught me staring.
Anyway, I'm going about my usual morning routine. Only this time instead of watching her through a window, I'm finally gonna gather up the courage to ask her to walk with me. Once I saw her outside, I quickly grabbed my school bag and rushed out of my door, only to accidentally run into her once I reached the sidewalk. Literally run into her, she dropped every single book she was holding. I mentally face palmed myself as I felt my cheeks burn. I quickly bent down to help her and I quickly handed her back her books, "I'm so sorry." I mumbled but didn't look her in the face. "It's okay." She said sweetly before giving me a toothless smile when I finally looked down at her. I returned the smile and scratched the back of my head before she gave me one last phrase, "See you in Chem."
I can't believe it. She noticed me. So maybe I'm not just a freak who stares her down all the time. This gave me some hope.
The rest of the day, Y/N didn't really talk to me. She gave me a few glances but that was really it. Sucks, but it's the usual.
As the bell rang for last period, I quickly gathered my things and started walking home. Suddenly an idea popped into my head. If I can't speak the words I wanna say to her, I can sing them. I quickly ran home, and the second I got in my house I got to writing.

Your POV
It was 9 o'clock on a Friday night and I had no plans, so I decided to just stay home and have a movie night by myself. My parents weren't home so I decided to take advantage of the silence.
I quickly changed into my pajamas and made popcorn before putting "Remember Me" on Netflix.
I was halfway through the movie when something hit my window. I got up and looked out of window to see Shawn, the kid from my Chemistry and Geometry class outside with his guitar. I opened the window, and he began serenading me, and we exchanged a few smiles throughout the song he wrote for me.
"Oh, there she goes again,
Every morning it's the same
You walk on by my house
I wanna call out your name

I wanted to tell you how beautiful you are from where I'm standing
You got me thinking what we could be 'cause

I keep craving, craving, you don't know but it's true
Can't get my mouth to say the words they want to say to you
This is typical love, love
Can't wait anymore, I won't wait I need to tell you how I feel when I see us together forever

In my dreams, you're with me
We'll be everything I want us to be
And from there, who knows, maybe this will be the night that we kiss for the first time
Or is that just me and my imagination

We walk, we laugh, we spend our time, walking by the ocean side
My hands are jellied, intertwined
A feeling I just can't describe
All this time you spent alone, thinking we could not belong to something so damn beautiful
So damn beautiful

I keep craving, craving, you don't know but it's true
Can't get my mouth to say the words they want to say to you
This is typical love, love
Can't wait anymore, I won't wait I need to tell you how I feel when I see us together forever
In my dreams, you're with me
We'll be everything I want us to be
And from there, who knows, maybe this will be the night that we kiss for the first time
Or is that just me and my imagination

Imagination
Imagination
(Woah, woah, woah...)

In my dreams, you're with me
We'll be everything I want us to be
And from there, who knows, maybe this will be the night that we kiss for the first time
Or is that just me and my imagination

I keep craving, craving, you don't know but it's true
Can't get my mouth to say the words they want to say to you"

He gave the guitar one last strum before looking back up at me. We exchanged another smile before I ran down the stairs and rushed outside. "Shawn, that was beautiful. Thank you so much." I gave him a tight hug and when I pulled away, I could see how red his cheeks were. He's so adorable. I always thought he was, and truth is, I was scared to talk to him to. He's absolutely perfect, why wouldn't I be. "So Mendes, is it gonna be the night that we kiss for the first time?" We both grinned before he placed his hand on my cheeks and kissed me with such a passion no other boy has ever had. I wrapped my arms around his neck and we just kept kissing for what felt like an eternity, but in a good way. When we pulled away, he rested his forehead on mine, before saying in a low and raspy voice, "You have no idea how long I've been waiting for this." I took his hand in mine and led him back into my house, and it was the start to a great night. Nothing perverted (I know you guys were thinking that), but we just talked and got to know each other a lot more, and yes we made out a few times, but who cares? I finally had the boy of my dreams. A boy who loves me for me.