what couldve been|14|

Devin fell asleep on the couch with Avery in his arms as soon as they got home from their dinner, but when Devin woke up a few hours later he heard yelling and Avery wasn't laying with him anymore.
He quickly got up to see what all the noise was and found it coming from Zoe's room.

Avery was standing in the doorway on her crutches while Zoe was throwing her things into a bag.
They were yelling back and forth about how Zoe needed to leave but it quickly got silent when Devin went and stood behind Avery.

"Oh look it's Devin! Surprised he didn't already leave when he saw you sleeping"

"Zoe" she warned.

"I knew you would crack eventually" she stopped packing to put her hands on her hips.
"So did you tell her when you came onto me while she was asleep in her room orrr when we slept together after you lied to her about "needed space"?"

"Hey you know for a damn fact that's not how any of that shit happened!"

"Oh please, you loved the attention. That's exactly why little miss queen of the world is kicking me out. Because Devin can do no wrong!" She yelled while throwing more things into her bag.
"Avery doesn't even love you, Devin!"

"Zoe just stop..."
She would never show it but Zoe was getting to Avery.

"Oh please you know there isn't a person on this planet that could possibly care more about me than Avery" Devin started to raise his voice also.

"Yea I'm sure she cares about you. Did she seem to care when she called you to tell you she was pregnant?"

Devin could've sworn he felt his heart fall to his ass.
Avery never called about a pregnancy.

"Oh wait" she laughed "she never told you"

"Zoe just leave" she tried to walk away but Devin gently put his hands on her to keep her from leaving.

"Don't worry she took care of that kid no need to panic... Didn't know she had it in her"

Devin looked over to see Avery tearing up.
He wanted so badly to comfort her but it's kind of hard to show somebody love when you just got the news that would make you believe your girlfriend killed a baby she never told you about.

Zoe walked out pushing Avery on her way, making it obvious enough it wasn't an accident.

Devin quickly helped her as she lost her balance

They could hear the front door slam shut letting.
Devin still had his hands wrapped around Avery holding her up, he looked down to see the tears on her face.

He wanted to be angry, furious, wanted to scream asking her what the hell Zoe was talking about, he knows he should be halfway to the door following behind Zoe.

He also wanted to believe Zoe was lying but he could tell by Avery's reaction she wasn't.

Devin glared at the floor not wanting to look at Avery anymore until he knew what he was gonna do next.
She tried to turn around to face him but found it incredibly hard since she could only use one foot.
"Devin?" He helped turn her around without looking at her "Devin I'm sorry" her voice broke.

He only nodded his head pushing her into his chest while she cried.

She began to talk but he cut her off before she could get much out. "Let's just talk in the morning okay?"