Save me the pain |22|

Please like and comment it helps me out!!!!

D E V I N

I woke up with the same smile I'd had on my face for the last week, Avery was in my arms still sleeping.
Happiness was radiating off of her, her skin glowing like she was forever in the golden hour, her long lashes, her beautiful lips that show a little bruising from last night's events.

I slid my hands down her slightly tanned body playing with the white lace lingerie. She is perfection.
It's our first morning in the Bahamas and I would be perfectly fine if we never left this room.

Both of our parents came, along with Davon and Mya. Averys' three sisters even made it out.
I offered to fly everybody out here when Avery said she didn't want to exclude our family, they've helped us incredibly along the way they deserve to be here.

We are getting married in a garden that overlooks the beach in two days, my assistant planned it all so everything was taken care of by the time we landed, I didn't want to stress about wedding planning and colors and napkins, I wanted to relax and marry Avery as soon as possible.
A surprise wedding planned in 4 days, how on brand for us. It's erratic, it's chaotic, and it is Avery and me in every way possible.

It's crazy to think about life, love, and every other wild thing in between.
I've spent 7 years traveling the world, playing some of the most talented athletes living, I've made more money from a game than most who work their whole lives, I woke up to one of the most beautiful beaches in the world, and yet I only consider my life complete because of the girl in my arms. That's insane to most and even I think so sometimes also... but I won't change, nothing could change how I feel about her.

I remember the days Tyler would make fun of me for crying over her, he always said "it's your own fault" he didn't let me pity myself.
He never thought I could get her back, he thought I was chasing a ghost, everybody did. And that makes this moment and every moment since we've been back together that much more monumental.

My hand wrapped around Averys' neck with barely any pressure but enough to make her head tilt up, kissing her jaw. She squirmed under my touch like she was in a battle with herself on if she wanted more or to get away.

"We have nowhere to be why are you up so early?"
I could get hard from her morning voice alone.

"Since when is 5:30 early for Avery Niles?"

"I'm on island time baby"

I could only laugh at her sleepy humor.
"How can you sleep knowing we get married in two days?"

"I'm trying to prepare because I have a feeling you aren't gonna let me get much sleep that night"

"Are you teasing me, Mrs. Booker"
She smiled against my neck.

"I'm not Mrs. Booker yet"

"I know but it's gonna be very soon and if you don't wake up you're gonna miss it"

"Dev it is 5 in the morning let me sleepppp"

I tried to let her sleep but my mind couldn't allow it, I'm marrying the love of my life in 48 hours how could I sleep?

"Four years ago would you have guessed we would be here?"

She sighed propping herself up on her elbow. "If you would've told me we would end up in the Bahamas together three years ago I would've assumed I was here to hide your body"

She smiled at my silence, unable to find a response.
"Your honesty scares me"

"Good it will keep you in line" she pecked my lips before laying back down wrapping herself in the comforter.

I was about to get out of bed and Avery knew it that's why she wrapped her arms around my torso, knowing I would never make her move.
After laying there for so long I finally fell asleep but not for long.
I knew I needed to do something other than stare at Avery, even if it was out of love it was still creepy.
I got up and went to our bathroom which is the nicest hotel bathroom I've ever seen, this whole place is unbelievable.

After a long shower, I grabbed my room key and went to get breakfast for when Avery woke up, I know she was tired from the stressful week we had preparing for the trip and wedding.
I closed the door to our room trying not to wake Avery.
I noticed Riley and Harper whispering in the hallway looking stressed only looking more suspicious when they stopped talking after seeing me.

"Hey, Devin!" They both said simultaneously sounding very guilty.

"What's going on?"

"Nothing!" They both said in sync again.

"Seriously what happened?"

"We will see if we can handle it first and if we can't then we will come to talk to you," Harper said.

I wanted to press them harder about it if it were any other occasion but I will let them fight whatever it is on their own.

"Does Avery know what this is about?"

"No!" They both said "and don't tell her about it either"

"Yes boss" I started to walk away "if you two need anything you can come to me tho"

They both smiled at me.
I walked down to what was equivalent to a diner in our hotel getting Avery a waffle and an assortment for myself.
I felt my phone ringing in my back pocket while waiting for the food and out of fear it was Avery I checked it but it was only my brother.

"Yea?"

"Hey, you good?"

"Yea why would I not be? What's going on?"

"Nothing I was just checking up on you. Hey if anything happens call me alright?"

"Davon, what is going on?"

"Don't worry about it bro go spend some time with your fiancé"

He hung up before I could say a word.
People were starting to get on my nerves.

I grabbed my stuff and headed back to Avery and I's room while also sending Davon a text. I waited for the elevator looking to my side after I heard footsteps.

Seeing the last person I wanted to.
Short dark hair and long legs dressed in jean shorts and a bikini top... Kendall.

———

Hey! Sorry for the short chapter but at least I got one out! Hope you enjoyed