We will talk about this |17|

It was 3 in the morning.
Devin was on an away trip for a game.
He would be sleeping right now had a weird noise not woken him up.
He looked around groggily trying to identify the sound and where it was coming from.

The room was dark the only light came from the alarm clock on the hotel's bedside table.
He grabbed his phone and got out from under the bedsheets.
He walked towards the bathroom where the sound of running water caught his attention, not paying attention he hit his leg off the suitcase he thought he had already put away.

He got nervous when he put his hand on the door handle before opening it.
He tried to be as quiet as possible, he assumed he would open the door to a teammate just playing a prank on him, then his imagination ran a little wilder.
What if it was a crazy fan? What if it was an ex?
He pulled his hand back from the handle frightened by his thoughts of what could be on the other side.

He thought about calling security but he didn't need anything like that in the press.
He opened the door slowly and hesitantly, he noticed the figure behind the shower door unable to make out who it was due to the amount of steam on the glass.

He hastily opened the glass door standing in between him and whoever entered his hotel room unrequested.

A feminine yelp came from inside the shower startling Devin. 

"Avery!"

She gave him her big cheesy grin knowing she scared him as much as he scared her.

"There's this new thing called knocking!"

"Yea I could say the same for you" Devin retaliated.

He walked into the shower fully clothed lifting her until her legs wrapped around his waist.
"What are you doing here you"

"I thought you missed me so I came to see you"

He moved one hand from around her to tilt her chin down so he could kiss the women he has been missing for 2 weeks.

He broke their kiss as the hot water drenched his basketball shorts and t-shirt "At 3 in the morning?"

She nodded proudly of herself and the surprise she successfully pulled off.
"My flight kept getting delayed I was supposed to be here for your game" she laughed.

"Well get out of the shower I have two weeks with my girl I need to make up for" Devin fooled.

He placed her down onto her feet while we continued to stand under the running water.

"Aw, you don't want to make up for lost time in here?"

Avery teased but they both knew it was innocent, they haven't had sex since they've been back together.
Neither have really talked about it but one night when they were in a rather heated make-out session Devin's hand wandered before Avery stopped him and told him she wasn't ready.
He never questioned it he said he understood and would respect that but nothing has been said since and he didn't intend on pushing any limits until she said and knew for a fact she was ready.

"Ideally I wouldn't be in soaking wet clothes"

"Fine," she said playfully rolling her eyes. "I am impressed you've been looking me in the eyes this whole time though"

They both shared a laugh before Devin walked out of the bathroom while discarding his shirt.

Avery turned the water off grabbing a towel from the counter before she put on one of Devin's shirts and a pair of shorts.
Brushing her hair in the mirror noticing the glow of happiness she has recently reacquired.

She walked into the other room jumping into Devin's lap and sitting up while he wrapped his hands around her waist steadying her movements.
She leaned down to her light-skinned boyfriend giving him a kiss, he rolled her over so he was hovering his body over top of hers.

"I've missed you so damn much," he said in between kisses.
He lowered his head to kiss her neck while she let out breathy giggles enjoying the attention.

"I love these guys I really do.
But they just don't compare to coming home to my beautiful, intelligent, witty, future wife" he never stopped kissing her in between his words.

She would usually stop him from saying all these words of warmth and adoration, but he never listened he would only add more to the list than he originally planned on telling her.

"I love you, Avery Isabella Niles"
He then planted a kiss on her forehead. "I always have. And I always will."

They went on with their night talking about what Avery had been doing while in Arizona and how Devin's playing was going.
They didn't go to bed until the early hours of the morning but that was alright because if given the chance neither one would spend their night differently.

The next week
                               Devins POV

I was sitting in the waiting room of the hospital as I had been for the past 3 hours.
There were some issues with Avery from the accident that just couldn't fix themselves but her body had been too weak to surgically repair at the time, but now that she's had time for her body to heal all it could the doctors decided it was their turn.

It wasn't anything we needed to worry about just a regular procedure they have done dozens of times before but I still worried.
Things could take a turn at any moment and every possible mistake that could happen was playing through my head and all I could do was sit there and think about it.

The operation was 4 hours in total before the nurse came out to tell me that everything went well and she did good, they allowed me to go to her room and see her even though she was still sedated.
I walked through the door to see her just laying in the hospital bed sleeping like nothing ever happened to her.
It was easier this time since I didn't walk in on a bruised unresponsive Avery this time but it still hurt picturing the previous visit in my head.

I went over and kissed her head.
It was a habit I felt like I always needed to be touching her or kissing her, I didn't want a second to go by where she didn't know how hopelessly in love I was with her.
"I love you" I whispered.

I sat down next to her just watching as she breathed lightly.
The simplest things put me in awe of her.

I sat in there for about an hour just watching her making sure she was okay, they said she would be out for a while considering everything her body has been going through for the past few months.

Her phone vibrated on the table next to the bed, it reminded me I forgot to text her mother and let her know she was okay.
I picked up her phone knowing she would be okay with it since we both know she has nothing to hide.
I expected a little text from her mom... but never expected a conversation from an ex...

***

Hope you enjoyed! Thoughts and theories? I would love to hear them!