Cost of fame|16|

Just imagine that as Avery, not Kendall lol

Devin watched Avery while she got ready for tonight's game, she had the most perfect loose curls falling down her back.
This was the first game Avery was going to as Devin's girlfriend.
It was also the first game she was going to since the Phoenix Suns fired her.
Shouldn't be awkward at all.
Just an arena full of Kendall Jenner lovers and Avery Nile haters...

What could go wrong?

Devin guaranteed her more than enough times that nothing horrible was gonna happen, but even as reassuring as he sounded Avery couldn't believe him.

There were Instagram accounts dedicated to hating her. They had embarrassing pictures of her, disgusting rumors, and so many wrong assumptions about her.

"You're worrying for nothing Ave. nobody will notice you there are gonna be thousands of drunk basketball fans everywhere"

"You don't know that," she said grabbing pieces of her hair to curl.

"I know everything it's just another one of my many talents"

Avery rolled her eyes at his cockiness that he has proudly carried around most of his life.

A few hours Avery found herself in the crowd of many Phoenix Suns fans and a few pelican fans, people surrounding her from every side she felt suffocated with all the people.
She looked down at Devin, he looked over at her during a dead ball "it's okay" he mouthed knowing she had anxiety about her surroundings.

She gave him a little nod even if she didn't believe him.
He went back to the game and she watched in tension.

The game not only felt never-ending to Avery but Devin as well, just when they thought it was over it went into overtime which was dreading to everybody who just wanted to go home, which was almost every player in the arena.

After the torture, Devin went through the game was over and they didn't end it as successful as they had hoped, but he honestly didn't care if they won or lost he just wanted to go home, well Avery's home.
He went to the locker room showering and checked his phone, he noticed the unusual amount of notifications and knew he was gonna see something that would piss him off.

He opened Twitter to see his name trending and what scared him most was Avery's name treading as well.
He tapped on it seeing cheating rumors all over and old pictures that never got released everywhere.
He quickly gathered his things and rushed to find Avery, he didn't need her seeing these lies and losing trust in him for something that wasn't even real.

It wasn't like finding her after college games anymore it's gotten significantly harder.
He finally found her in one of the suites talking to other girlfriends and he pulled her out of the room into the hallway.

"Have you been on Twitter? Because those are fake baby, I didn't-"

"Devin. I know" she laughed.
"I know how they work, I know you can never believe those articles"

He kissed her head and hugged her.
You're not gonna get that response from just anybody, but Avery was different.

"I was racing up those stairs thinking you were up here crying"

She giggled knowing he was telling the truth since he was panting out of breath.

Their night eventually ended but the rumors didn't.

Days later.

"I cheated on you..." Devin confessed looking at Avery with no emotion in his eyes. "They weren't rumors... I saw Kendall and I just couldn't help it"

"Devin that's not funny"

She was waiting for a "just kidding" but it never came.
What she got was a laugh, a laugh you would hear from a villain in a movie.