You aren't her |9|

*with Devin*

"I'm thankful for this break, gives me more time to spend with True" Tristan smiled at his daughter.

"Yea that's gotta be tough..."
Devin was admiring the small family in front of him while getting to know everybody at the table person by person.

"Having a baby while in the NBA? It's hard being away but I wouldn't change it for the world"

"Could you see that for yourself? Do you want kids?" Khloe asked.

"Absolutely. That's all I want. A little version of myself, you know? Somebody I can teach and raise. My kids in the stands while I play"

Kendall intervened.

"Oh, I would never have kids. I can't mess up my body for a child. It's my job" she confessed.

The others laughed at her confession while Devin didn't find it as funny as everybody else clearly did, thinking about what he had, what he was missing, what he could never get if he stayed here.

"Dev! You listening?"

"Yea what's up?" He said snapping out of his daydream.

"We need to post a picture together tomorrow, we haven't been seen together in days I want to keep press up. I'll have Kim post it we will be "hiding" in the background" Kendall explained.

"Alright" he sat back in his chair getting quiet, it gets old, the things that family does for attention, for money, for fame.

Sitting with Avery they both had the same goal, stay out of sight.
Not to be sneaky but because the attention was annoying, they were just homebodies that didn't want any drama.

They were all sitting at the table until Devin felt his phone vibrating in his back pocket, he pulled his phone out to see an older picture of Avery, she was wearing a number 1 blue Kentucky jersey, smiling while Devin gave her a piggyback ride.

You never realize how inappropriate a picture is until it's lit up on your phone while your girlfriend is looking.
From the looks of it, Avery didn't have pants on, they were in Florida for a basketball game so she was in a pair of bikini bottoms and Devins jersey, and he was shirtless.

He excused himself and went to the room he and Kendall were given for the week.

Though it was weird she was calling him and not the other way around for once.
He wasn't concerned about the call until he realized it was almost 3 AM her time.

"Hey what's up A? About time you called"
He laughed trying to hide his slight joy.

"Uh hey, dev..." his smile dropped when he heard Zoe's scratchy voice instead of the angelic one he was expecting.

He didn't bother asking why it sounded like she was crying because he didn't want to deal with it nor did he care.

"What do you want?"

"Hey, I just called because I thought you should know... uh Avery... Avery" she was barely choking out.

"What's going on?"

The hesitation with Zoe was making Devin mad, he wanted her to get to the point so he could end the conversation as quickly as possible.
Zoe was definitely not somebody Devin enjoyed talking to so this was his very own nightmare.