You can tell me|18|

but never expected a conversation from an ex...

Devins POV

After Avery woke up we went back to her place, she was still pretty drowsy so I took her to bed and decided not to bring up the texts I saw.
I sat in her bed while she had her arms wrapped around my torso sleeping against my body, my foot kept tapping against the other out of nerves.

I wanted to respect her privacy but I also feel like I have the right to know what she's saying, ex's don't just come back in your life to be friends that's something I know for a fact.
I glanced down at her then over at her phone, I wanted to know why they sent that text I want to read every single one.
But that would make me look like the crazy boyfriend and nothing terrifies me quite like losing Avery a second time.

I failed. I'm weak. I know!
I picked up her phone, before unlocking it I held it for a minute longer.
Do I really want to do this? Am I really that boyfriend that feels the need to go through his girls' phone over one text?
...I absolutely am.

I opened her phone and went to Instagram where I saw the message from, there were days worth of texts and even pictures.
I sat there reading for almost half an hour only getting angrier with each text and each word.

I wanted to go to their house and give them a piece of my mind but I know that would only make this 10 times worse.
I put her phone down again and sat there stewing in my anger.
I killed some time by updating Avery's mother.

"Avery" I shook her gently "you need to get up and eat okay? What do you want me to order us"

I only got a low whimper in reply, they gave her the same pain killers that she had been taking months ago which had the downside of making her tired all the time.

I ordered her a variety of food.
She has steak, chicken, pasta, and fries just in case.
I laid with her while we waited, well while I waited, she was unaware of anything going on around her.

I played with her hair hoping to wake her up, I wanted to talk we needed to talk, and I didn't want to wait any longer.
"Avery. It's time to wake up beautiful"
She barely stirred.

"Aves come on" she was very persistent in not opening her eyes.
I laughed "you can't fight it"
I squeezed her side which made her beautiful smile show.

I slid down the bed to be at the same height as her.
I kissed the top of her head "good morning"

"Can't I just sleep a little longer?"
She whined.

"Longer than the 4 hours? Not counting the hour and a half at the hospital?" I joked.

"You're supposed to have eight hours every night"

"Well, that would be a good point if it were nighttime. But since it's not you have to wake up"

"I thought you wanted me to be happy"
She always did this fake little pout that made me fall in love with her all over again every time, I don't know if she knows what it does to me and I'm afraid if I told her she wouldn't do it as much.
So I sit here admiring the adorable act for as long as possible.

"I do want you to be happy" I paused "hey I wanted to talk to you about-" I was cut off by the doorbell.

She looked in that direction confused about who could be there, letting me know she actually was asleep when I ordered the food.