Chapter 7

The next day came quickly and before I knew it Connor was waking me up. "Come on Lily. You need to get up." I stretched and through the sheets off. I got up and went to get ready. I noticed I was thirty minutes before we had to leave. Connor let me sleep longer . I grabbed my things and started to get dressed. I washed my face and then brushed my teeth. Looking at myself in the mirror noticing I had a few dark cycles under my eyes. "Great looks like I hadn't slept all night." I thought as I was getting my make up out of my bag.

I finally finished getting ready with five minutes left to spare. I grabbed my shoes and then Connor and I both left. My heart was racing once we got into the car and began to leave. I put some music on hoping it would help but it didn't. "You ok?" Connor asked. I smiled placing my hand in his. "All good love." We pull into the restaurant and we both got out. We walked into the building and waited for someone to come up to us. I looked around noticing not a lot of people were here. "Connor and Lily?" A lady said snapping me out of my thought. "Yes." Connor said. She smiled and told us to follow her. I held Connor hand and followed behind. "Connor , Lily." Claire said excited. "Hey Claire. I said smiling. I went to hug her and sat beside her and Connor. "Dad." Connor said taking a seat beside him. Claire and I started to talk as I could here the arguing starting with Connor and his dad.

"So what have you been up to?" Claire asked as she saw me looking at Connor worried. I look back at her deciding to let them deal with it. I was ready to tell Claire and I wanted Connor to be ready to tell his dad. "Yes what have you been up to since moving in with my son?" His dad said. We both told them everything that had happened but not about the baby yet. "So sorry to hear what happened to you. Hope your doing better." I smiled at Claire and told her I was doing great now.

Finally the waiter came and took our order. I was starting to get hungry. This morning was actually going better then expected. Our meals came out and my eggs were making me nauseous but I didn't want anyone to now. I forced my self to eat a little of everything else. I hated this part. "Well dad Claire we have some news to tell you both." Connor began once he had finished eating and notice I couldn't eat as much. "We are expecting." Claire mouth dropped and got excited. "Oh my gosh, congratulations." We hugged and then Connor dad finally spoke. "So, got pregnant before even getting married? How do you even know you love her? Have you even talked about marriage? And tell me Lily did you get pregnant on purpose for my sons money?" I was shocked but I knew those questions were valid. Connor on the other hand was pissed. "Dad." Claire said.

Connor and him argued back and forth and I decided it was time to go. I grabbed my things and Claire and I walked out. And Connor was getting his things. "So sorry Lily. My father shouldn't have asked that. I can see how much you two love one another." I smiled thanking her. "Can I tell you another secret?" She smiled and said yes. "I'm having twins." Her smiled got bigger and she hugged. "This is fantastic.

Connor came out of the restaurant and was visibly angry and told Claire bye and he would talk to her later. We both went to the car and Connor drove home. "I'm sorry for what my father said." I held Connor hand and looked at him. "I don't care what you father says or thinks. Only what you think. If you are happy with me then I'm happy and nothing can change that, not even your father."