Chapter 15

Connor steps in and so does Dr.Charles. "Lily why don't you take a seat." Connor said looking and then pointing at the bed, with his eyebrows raised. I was confused and didn't understand why I couldn't just go home. Connor comes up to me and makes me get back in bed. "Connor come on." Jay leaves and Natalie and Dr.Charles comes forward. "Hey Lily how you doing?" I looked at him and told him fine. "How's pregnant life going?" I smiled and told him "it's going fine." He bring a chair closer and takes a seat. "Lily how are you sleeping?" I looked at Natalie and then Connor. "Some night are better then others." Was all I said.
Dr.Charles looked at Connor and then to me. "What Dr.Charles?" I was starting to get impatient and was ready to go home. "Natalie was there anything on your test that says I need to stay?" She looked down and then looked back at me. "No." I looked at Connor and we made eye contact. "Connor." Was all I said.

"Lily why don't you stay for tonight and try to get some rest?" Dr.Charles said. "With all do respect Dr.Charles I want to go home." I grabbed my shoes and got off the bed. Connor looked at me and agreed we can go home. "Just take it easy Lily." Will said in a worry tone. We walked out of the hospital and went back home. We walked back into the living room and I sat on the couch. It was almost dinner time. I couldn't believe we were at the hospital that long. Ms.Goodwin let me off for the next two day. Connor went to make some food and I took a seat on the couch. The twins were moving more. Connor looked over to me and then got started cooking.

I wasn't really hungry and I just wanted to go to bed. I walked over to the table were Connor had placed the mail earlier. I decided to go through it since I really needed to keep myself busy. "Bill, bill, junk, more junk. Ohh nice magazine." I placed the magazine on the side to look at it later. I looked over at the last envelope and seen it was addressed to me. It was the same handwriting like the last one. The memories of that letter came flooding back. I place the envelope on the table and stepped back. I really didn't want to read it but I was also curious of what else she could want to say.

I looked over at Connor who was getting the plates ready. "Lily, food is done." I placed the envelope in the drawer under a few of Connor's medical books. I walked over back to the kitchen we sat at the small table that I had bought us a few months back since I was having a hard time getting up on the island chairs. I grabbed some cup of tea and then sat down. I took a bite then the memories of the letter came flooding in.

"Lily?" I looked up and notice Connor had stopped eating and was looking at me. "You okay?" I hadn't notice I was just playing with my food and hadn't eaten one bite. "Oh, yeah fine just thinking." I picked up my fork and took a bite. Connor looked at me and waited a minutes or two before going back to his food. I wasn't hungry and the letter had completely ruined my appetite. After dinner I went back to our room and I sat on the bed just thinking. Thinking of what had happened and if Connor and my future. Everything was changing and it was changing fast.