Chapter 16

***Dream***
I was walking down our hallway to wear the sound of a baby was crying....no two babies. I looked into the door and seen two cribs. "Hello?" I said walking in. The crying got louder and louder as I was stepping forward. I looked over into the crib and nothing. No baby, nothing. I looked over at the other and then the crying stopped. My heart was pounding and I started to cry. I looked over at the large window and see a man standing with something in his arms. "No! Please No!!" I screamed I looked down and see blood on me. I lifted up my hands and they were dripping with blood. I looked back up and see Ray smiling.

***End of Dream***

I sat up straight looking around. Connor was still a sleep. I remembered the blood on my hands. I lifted my hands up and out of nowhere I felt the urge to throw up. I jumped out of bed and ran to the bathroom closing the door behind me. After I was finished I herd the door open and see Connor walk in. "Lily are you ok?" I close the lid and Connor helped me up. " i'm good just a little sick." He helped me back to bed and placed the sheet back over me. "I thought you were over the sickness stage?" I forced a smile and place my hand on his face. "I'm fine Connor go back to bed."

I laid down quietly and waited for him to go back to sleep. I staid awake a little longer and then as I was about to go to sleep the alarm went off. I slowly climb out of bed and went to the bathroom to take a shower. I hadn't sleep a whole 6 hours and I had a ten hour shift today. I wasn't ready for today at all. I let Connor sleep since he didn't have to go in for another couple of hours. I walked to the kitchen and grabbed some coffee and then headed off.

"Good morning Lily." I smiled at Doris as I placed my things down. She was getting her stuff to leave. Maggie walked over and so did Will. "Hey how you doing?" I smiled at them both and said good. I got started with my work. The day was moving fast and I was happy with it. "Hey Lily." I looked up from the computer and see Connor standing in front of me with a huge smile. He walked over to me and gave me a kiss. "You ready to eat?" I was starving and I was ready to get out of here. We walked out of the hospital and went to the food truck. Connor stood behind me letting me lean up against him for support. My back was hurting and so were my feet. It was our turn and Connor went on and order for us both. We walked over to the side where there was benches and took a seat. I took my food from him and started eating.

"You been busy today?" I asked finally after taking three bites of my food. He looked up laughing. I gave him a look that I was confused with his laughter. "You have mustard on your face love. Eat not inhale." I laugh taking a napkin cleaning my face. "Just a few surgeries. But I think Dr.Bekker is trying to take one of my big surgeries." I rolled my eyes with discussed. "Can stand that woman." I said under my breath. Natalie comes our way with Will right behind him. "Hey." She sits right beside me and Will sits beside Connor. "You enjoying your lunch?" Will asked looking at my sandwich that was all messed up and fries that had mustard on them. "Gross." Natalie said looking at my fries. "Pregnancy cravings." I said laughing.

We started talking about the babies and the. We seen three ambulances rush through and them Maggie coming out yelling. "There's a massive car wreck multiple injuries. All hands on deck."
We stopped what we were doing and quickly ran back in the hospital. Everyone was getting ready and the rooms cleared out. A few people were upset but they did as they were told and went back to the waiting are. I grabbed a few things and made sure all rooms were stocked. And then I heard Maggie start yelling doctors and nurses names and to what room. "Here we go."