Chapter 3: First Meet

At night

Gauri was lying in her bed thinking about whatever happened that day, how everything had changed in a day, how he re-entered her life and restarted the chaos within herself. If only she could confirm she loved him and that it was not a mere attraction, then everything would've been so simple!

If he hadn't proposed me that day, would things be different between us? Would we be in contact even now? Gauri wondered.
And then, it took her back in time, when everything had started. Back to that fateful day.

12 years ago

Gauri was in her 8th grade and was one of the members of the literary club in her school. One day, there came Priyanka Singh Oberoi into their club, a 5th grader but with an amazing talent of writing. She had joined newly to the school along with her brother who was in 11th grade.

Unlike the other members of the club, Priyanka was a chatterbox, and her chatter would always trouble the other members to the core. And for some unknown reason, Priyanka took an interest in talking to Gauri.
Since the two were found to be in the same bus, Priyanka would sit with Gauri and Anika and talk to her till Gauri got down on her stop, which was a few stops after Anika's.

On the other hand, Gauri who had been initially irritated by this young girl slowly started to like her. Then one morning, something happened, Priyanka didn't sit with Gauri and Anika. Instead she wasn't seen anywhere and it felt odd for both Anika and Gauri that Priyanka wasn't sitting with them anymore.

Gauri who was sitting down with Anika in one of the seats, stood up and turned around to have another glance to check for Priyanka. But instead of Priyanka, her eyes met someone else's gaze and their eyes locked. She could feel an unknown pull towards this guy who sat there with an expressionless face.

To her surprise, he got up from his seat and came towards her and sat on the seat behind her. For some unknown reason, Gauri could feel her heart slamming against her chest and her voice get stuck in her throat.

It was Priyanka's brother. She had once pointed out to him and told Gauri that it was her brother, but Gauri had never really paid much attention to it.

"Hello." He said. Gauri was still frozen in her place while Anika turned around curiously hearing an unknown voice and looked between Gauri and the new guy.

"Hello?" Anika replied unsure. Then turning to Gauri, she pulled her hand down making Gauri sit.

"You both are Anika and Gauri right?" The guy asked. "I'm Omkara, Priyanka's brother."

"Ohhh..so you are her brother, she always talks about you." Anika said as she recalled Priyanka talking about her brother, "I'm Anika and this is Gauri, nice to meet you Omkara bhaiya." Anika said pointing at her friend, still confused about her friend who spoke nothing.

"Gauri?" Anika whispered and Gauri turned to her as if realising her surroundings.

"Hello bhai-" Gauri started but was immediately interrupted by Omkara.

"No no no.." Omkara said while Gauri and Anika flinched at his sudden outburst and looked at eachother confused. "Don't call me bhaiya, I'm not so elder to you both. You guys are in 8th right? I'm just in 11th."

The girls looked at eachother and then back at him. "Then what do we call you?" They asked together.

"Omkara, my name." Omkara replied casually with a shrug giving them an 'isn't it obvious?' look.
Gauri turned to Anika with a frown, making sure Omkara doesn't see it.