Chapter 30: This love

~~

Your kiss, my cheek
I watched you leave
Your smile, my ghost
I fell to my knees
When you're young,
You just run
But you come back to
What you need

 ~~   

-This love, Taylor Swift

"Why Gauri? Why did you take that bullet for me? Why?" Omkara broke down. "I can't live without you Gauri, please wake up soon. Please. I woke up that day when you called me right? Won't you listen to me? Won't you wake up? Your Omkara is asking you to wake up. You have to Gauri. Please..."

As if by some miracle, Gauri's fingers moved and Omkara looked at her in wonder. Then he called for the doctor. The doctor sent him outside while he checked her vitals. Gauri had gained consciousness and after making sure she was completely okay, the doctor went out and informed the families that she was fine now and one among them could see her at the moment.

Everyone exchanged looks as all of them wanted to meet her.

"Omkara," Vasundhra called out softly. "Go in and meet her."

And like a child who had gotten his favourite candy, Omkara went in happily passing her a look filled with gratefulness.

"Omkara?" He heard her call him weakly as he entered. The moment their eyes met, Omkara felt like he had won the whole world. How he missed looking into those eyes. "Are you fine?" She asked softly.

How could someone be so selfless? Here she was shot and on the verge of dying and she's asking me if I'm fine!? Omkara wondered as he walked towards her.

"I should be asking you that." Omkara replied with a glare as he sat beside her and held her hand. "Anyway to answer your question, no I wasn't fine. I almost died seeing you like that. Why did you jump in Gauri? Are you some kind of a wonder woman?"

"Omkara I.."

"No don't say anything. I'm very angry at you. Do you know how worried we all got? I felt like I almost lost you Gauri..." he said as tears streamed down his eyes.

Gauri quickly wiped away his tears with her other hand and then kept it on top of his hands which held hers and tightly clutched onto it. "I got scared that I would loose you..I can't live without you Omkara.." she said as tears filled her eyes.

"Don't try to pacify me. I'm very angry at you." On seeing her smile, he frowned, "Am I doing some comedy show that you're smiling? I'm angry, Gauri."

"You look very cute when you're angry." She said pinching his nose.

"You're mad!" Omkara said trying to hide the sudden blush that had crept up on his face.

"Yeah mad in your love!" She said cheekily.

"Don't flirt with me right now. I'm not falling for your sweet talks. I'm angry at you Gauri. What you did, do you realise it could've taken your life!" He said with hurt. "What would I have done in that case? If something had happened to you, then how would I live Gauri? Don't be like one of those sacrificing TV show leads!"

"Hey, don't insult them." She said with a frown, clearly offended.

"I won't let you watch those stupid stuff now! Those serials are putting all these wrong ideas into your head!" Omkara said with determination. 

"You can't do that, you won't!" She said shocked.

"Oh you don't know what I can and can't." He replied with a smirk.

"I will watch those!" She replied matching his level of determination. If he was stubborn, so was she!

"Gauri, don't be stubborn." He warned.