Chapter 21: Missed me?

"Bhaiya, I'm telling you married ladies have psychic powers." Priyanka said, "Mom has, Bhavya bhabhi has, and now even Gauri bhabhi has!"

"What do you mean?" Omkara asked genuinely confused. He had been discharged from the hospital but still needed complete rest for another week.

"They all know when something wrong is about to happen to the love of their lives or to their children!" Priyanka said throwing her hands up in air.

Gauri looked at Priyanka wide eyed hearing 'love of their lives'

Do I really love him in that way? Gauri wondered.

"Believe me, Gauri bhabhi sensed something wrong had happened to you. And then we got the call and she ran off." Priyanka narrated the whole incident to Omkara who intently listened to her, throwing glances at Gauri every now and then.

When she finished narrating, he let out a chuckle glancing at his wife who rolled her eyes.

"But seriously bhai, we were all so scared." Priyanka continued, becoming a little serious. "Especially bhabhi, she looked as pale as a zombie when she heard it."

"I'm sorry you guys had to worry for me. I didn't mean to fall prey to an accident." Omkara shrugged. "It was purely coincidental, I didn't ask to be hit."

Priyanka rolled her eyes at her brother and then left the room after a little more chit chat.

"So, you're psychic huh?" Omkara asked and Gauri looked at him. "So now I have a house filled with psychic women." He commented with a laugh only to earn a glare from Gauri.

"You sit and laugh." Gauri muttered, "For you everything is funny! Do you have any idea how worried sick I was!"

She turned around preparing to leave the room when he held her by the wrist and pulled her to sit on the bed.

"What happened?" Gauri asked as she sat.

"Gauri, in those ten years...did you... ever missed me?" Omkara asked in a low voice, a whisper meant for only Gauri's ears to hear.

Silence. She looked down at the floor, not answering his question. A million things running through her head.

Pain.
Hurt.
That's what Omkara felt at her silence. So did he mean nothing to her after all?

Gauri was too shocked by the sudden question that all the memories of their time together in bus, his last day, the numerous days she missed him, the many incidents that screamed his name, the days she wished she had him by her side, the days he had given her strength by just being in her thoughts and a lot more other days played in her mind, as if some flashback sequence from a movie was playing.

She wondered if there was ever a day in the last 10 years where she hadn't thought of him.

No. Not even one day. Her heart answered.

"No." Gauri replied using the same tone as his and Omkara felt his heart shatter. "Because you were always in my thoughts." She finished with a soft smile meeting his eyes that had sparked up a little.

"Not a day in my life passed, where I hadn't thought of you. You were always there with me in my thoughts even when you weren't there physically." Gauri replied honestly. "Everything I did, somehow always led me to you."

"Why didn't you tell me then Gauri?" Omkara asked, half relieved and half angry that she had never told him all this before. She hesitated but he urged her to speak by asking her, "Did you doubt my love for you?"