Chapter 10: Awkward!!

"Gauri, Om is in his room, you can go meet him there." Jhanvi said lovingly after the initial pleasantries were done.
Gauri and her family had come to the Oberoi Mansion for a family dinner to discuss the upcoming functions.

"Yeah beta, you'll get bored here between the elders talk. Prinku, Rudy and Bhavya aren't here to give you company either. Besides this way you both can spend some time together." Tej added with a wink and Gauri could feel her cheeks heat up as she looked at him in surprise.

Dadi, Pinky and Shakti too agreed to Tej and Jhanvi. Priyanka, Rudra and Bhavya had gone for shopping while Omkara had just returned from a meeting with a client.

"Ya beta, they are right." Harsh agreed while Gauri just nodded.

Since it was her first time here, Jhanvi had sent her with a house help to lead her to Omkara's room. Gauri was walking with her as she wondered why he couldn't come and meet her parents, was he that arrogant?

"Mam, this is Omkara sir's room." The house help said as she stopped infront of a door.
After thanking the lady for her help, Gauri turned her attention to the closed door.

She knocked.
No response
Knock
No response
Knock, "Omkara?" She gently called out.
No response
"Omkara?"
No response

Finally her patience had died down and she found herself turning the door knob slowly. She got inside closing the door behind her as she glanced around his room, this was her first time coming here. She couldn't help but smile thinking that this was soon going to be her room as well.

Turning around in a 360 degree angle, Gauri scanned the whole room- it was arranged in a beautiful way with paintings drawn by Omkara himself. The room looked very tidy too. And then her eyes fell on a photo on the bedside table, it was the photo they had taken on their first date. Although surprised at first, Gauri found herself feeling warmth at this gesture of his.

After admiring the photo for sometime, she walked back to the center of the room and was admiring one of the paintings on the wall when she heard the sound of the door knob being turned. Out of reflex, she turned her head around to face a half naked man with water dripping down his hair staring at her in shock.

Gauri's eyes widened in shock seeing the sight infront of her and she immediately covered her eyes with her palms and jump-turned to face the opposite side as she shrieked in pure disbelief and horror, "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE WALKING AROUND IN JUST A TOWEL!"

"Excuse me!" Omkara replied offended, "This is my room if you are forgetting. I know it will be yours too pretty soon but I didn't know you would come here like this!"

"Wear something!" Gauri ordered still in horror.

"You shouldn't have walked in like this if you didn't want to see my stunning body." Omkara shrugged. "Besides, I just came out of a bath."

"Cheeee!!" Gauri exclaimed in disgust, "I didn't come here by my will. Mom and everyone else had sent me here!"

"Oh come on, don't cheee me. This is nothing you are not supposed to see, you know what I mean right...?" Omkara said teasingly while Gauri gasped in shock, turning pink, "I mean yeah, definitely only when you are ready but it will happen one day right?"

Om tried hard to control his chuckle as he imagined the different expressions that would be on her face right now, how he wished he could see it!

"Shut up!" She snapped at him trying to hide her embarrassment, "You should've locked the door if you were going to come out like this!"

"How would I expect someone will barge in like this?"