Chapter 19: Make up

Meanwhile Omkara had been restless in his office, pacing back and forth in his cabin running his hand through his hair, unable to think what to do. The moment he took out his anger on Gauri and she walked away, he had felt terribly guilty for doing it. The words that came from his mouth shocked him to the core as he had never meant to say any of it. The poor girl had to be the prey of his anger.

Ever since he had gotten to know about the company's confidential details being leaked, he had felt so furious that he roared at every person he spoke to that day. Including his own wife!

No Om, you can't blame it on that! She's your wife! The woman you swore to protect and keep happy not some doll on whom you have the right to vent out on! And today was her first visit to the office and you made it hell for her...She had come with so much love and you broke her heart!
His heart reprimanded him.

He tried to call her only to realise that she had left her phone in his cabin. As his eyes travelled his cabin, they fell on the food she had brought. He went ahead and open the tiffin, one sniff and he knew she had prepared it. And one look was enough to know that she hadn't had her lunch either. He closed the tiffin and kept it back in the bag where he found a note.

Dear Omkara

Enjoy your lunch! And get lot's of energy to do your work! Don't stress out too much, health is important my dear husband, you've been taking a lot of stress recently.

With love
Your Gauri.

Omkara felt like digging a hole and burying himself in it at that moment. If only venting out at her wasn't already making him enough guilty that now this note had to come up.

'With love, Your Gauri', 'dear husband' written by her in the note replayed over and over in his mind, making him guiltier each second.

She had prepared it with so much love and hope, and he crushed it all for a mistake that had absolutely nothing to do with her. He didn't even hear her out and told her what
ever came to his mouth. Cruel and cold words that he never even meant to say.

Unable to stay put any longer, he called up home and his Choti ma had picked up the call and informed him that Gauri hadn't reached. Finally, his worried heart took the better of him and he set out in search of her, handing over some work to Rudra as he left the office. She was more important than any office work.

It was only when he got into his car that he realised he had absolutely no idea where she could be. He ruled out the possibility that she was with a friend because he knew well that she wasn't the type who sat and complained all day. If anything, she would be alone right now, probably crying her heart out. Even the thought of that scene made him shudder.

Unable to think of a place, he started driving aimlessly through the city hoping to find her somewhere. Three hours later, his phone rang up.

Mom calling..

"Why is mom calling now?" He wondered as he answered the phone. His heart yearning to somehow find and get to Gauri.

"Omkara!" Came the stern voice of his mother. She usually called him Om, very lovingly and the only rare times she would call him Omkara was when she was angry. He wondered what could be the reason of her anger. "What did you tell her?"

Her. It had to be Gauri. He decoded.

Instead of feeling nervous about his mom's anger that was directed at him, Omkara felt a little relieved that Gauri was safely home.

"What did you tell to that poor girl that she looks so pale now!?" Omkara remembered the blood draining from her face seeing his anger. Jhanvi sounded really angry. "She was so happy and shy before she left for office and then when she came back, it looked like she had been crying for a long time! She had lost her liveliness!"