Chapter 22: Jealousy! Jealousy!

You know what happens when you become too attentive to a certain someone and do everything for them? They become pampered by you. And this was exactly what had happened to Omkara Singh Oberoi after his accident. No, it wasn't Jhanvi Singh Oberoi who pampered him. Unlike most cases where a parent or grandparent pampers the child, Omkara's case was totally different- he was getting pampered by his own wife! The very girl who was supposed to keep him on his heels!

And now he was like one of those kids who wouldn't leave his mother's side even for a second, except in his case it was his wife. It was shocking even for him on how much he demanded for her attention in the last one week. Neither would she leave her concern for him nor would he let her.

But today his ever so lovely,  uske romance ka dushman, his very dear brother, Rudy boy had brought home another boy! Yes- a small baby who turned out to be Omkara's enemy. Why? Oh, cause his wife had suddenly given all her attention to the cute little boy who was barely 2 years old, completely forgetting Omkara and his existence.

Omkara Singh Oberoi was jealous of a 2 year old!

He wasn't against kids by any means but he just didn't like how his wife had been spending all her time whispering sweet nothings to a baby, forgetting about his existence.

It all started that morning when Rudra came home with a kid who belonged to one of his friends who had to urgently visit the hospital. Since they had no relatives close by, Rudra being Rudra had taken full  responsibility of the child for the day. Omkara was busy admiring his wife sitting on the sofa in the living room when Rudra walked in with a baby and Bhavya followed in with a huge bag.

Gauri who was sitting beside Omkara, saw the baby and her eyes immediately lit up like a bulb as she quickly made her way towards the baby, flashing her best smile.

"Rudy! Who's child is this?" She asked taking the child from him who like Omkara was also a bit surprised by her sudden excitement.

"Aww, kitna cute baby hain!" Gauri said as she played with the baby.

"Bhabhi, actually he's the son of my friend Druv. He had to go to the hospital for some check up and will be back by evening only. He didn't know where to keep the baby till then, so I offered to take care of his baby till he returned." Rudra replied with a shrug.

"Omkara, dekhiye na!" Gauri called out, pulling Omkara out of his trance. He couldn't help but think how it would be when Gauri and he would have kids. "He's so cute!"

He looked over at his wife who was holding up the baby for him to get a better view. He smiled a little at her cute antics.

"What's his name?" She asked Rudra.

"Kabir, sweetly called Kittu!" Soon enough they were all talking about the baby.

Not wanting to disturb them, Omkara after playing a little with the baby who refused to leave Gauri, went to his room. It was time for his medicines and it was Gauri who usually ran behind him to have it. But today she didn't seem to have thought of it as she was busy with the baby and he didn't want to disturb her, so he took his own medicines.
It was only after another two hours that Omkara noticed his wife hadn't checked on him like every day!

Wondering what was occupying her, he went out in search of her. What was so important that she didn't even check if I had medicines? The possessive part of Omkara wondered.

Finally, after walking around everywhere like a wanderer, he found her in the garden playing with the baby.

So she left her husband for that kid!? He thought as he felt possessiveness rise in him, wanting to have her attention only to himself.