Chapter 26: Shot!

"Bhabhi! Good morning!" Rudra greeted as he jump-walked into the kitchen with a huge smile. Gauri glanced at her brother in law with a smile and turned her attention back to the work at hand.

"Good morning Rudy!"

"Kya bana rahe ho aap?" He asked as he looked into the vessel on the stove.

"Poha!"

"Oho, Bhaiya ka favourite huh?" He teased to which she blushed.

"Rudy, tu bhi na!" She said rolling her eyes, trying to cover her blush.

"How do you even manage him bhabhi?" Rudra asked shaking his head in disappointment. "Humseha kaam kaam kaam hi hain unko! Aapko time dete hain bhi ki nahi?"

Gauri looked at him in confusion wondering why he was saying like that.

"He can't spare some time for his only brother! I asked him if we could watch a movie together today as it is a sunday and you know what he said?" He complained and when she shook her head in no, he continued mimicking Omkara, "Rudy, mujhe disturb mat kar, kaam hain."

Gauri looked at him surprised by his words as she remembered how Omkara had been pursuing her the entire morning trying to romance with her secretly without anyone watching them. Unknowingly, a blush crept up on her face thinking about how he lied to his brother about work when actually he had been doing this to her.

"Don't worry, Rudy boy! Why fear when bhabhi is here?" Gauri asked him raising her eyebrows. "Tumhare bhai ko main dekhlungi. Aaj sab milke movie dekh lenge okay?"

Rudra's eyes sparked up immediately and he jumped in to hug her, "You're the Best, bhabhi!"

"Which movie are you planning to put by the way?" She asked smiling at his happiness.

****
"Gauri, please yaar!" Omkara pleaded as he followed his wife who was busy arranging clothes in the cupboard.

"Kya please?" Gauri asked with a frown. "It's so boring, Omkara! I suggest even you shouldn't go."

"Gauri, I don't want to stay away from you. Please join me, it's going to be so time consuming and if you'll be there, it will be fun!" He said with a puppy face while she burst into laughs.

"That's what, you should come to the point instead of beating around the bush." She said shaking he head at his antics, "So you want me to join you so I can entertain you?"

"When did I say that?"

"But that was what you meant!"

"No I'm just a poor loving husband who wants to spend time with his wife."

"Oh really?" She asked keeping her hands on her hips.

"Of course Gauri."

"But seriously out of all places another party?" She asked helplessly.

"Does that mean you'll come?" He asked as his eyes sparked.

Gauri looked at her husband for a whole minute contemplating on whether to play a little more with him or give in. Finally she decided to give in.

"Fine!" She said rolling her eyes and Omkara hugged her out of happiness.

"You're the best!"

"But I have a condition!" She declared with a wicked smile.

"Condition?" He asked her with a frown. What condition?

"We'll all watch a movie together today like how Rudra said. It's been such a long time and I'm not going to buy any of your excuses!" She declared with a tone that meant she wasn't going to take no for an answer.