Chapter 31: Bffs!

Once visitors were allowed in, one by one each family member had come to see Gauri and she felt overwhelmed with the amount of care she received from everyone. But having so many family members also brought in equal amount of scolding. No one had spared her and this time even Omkara didn't do anything to save her.

"Ri!" Gauri looked up to the door to find Anika coming in with a huge smile on her face. "Shivaay said we could have a small bff moment before he came. By the way, tell me, how are you?"

"I'm great! How are you?" Gauri asked finally relieved that Anika wouldn't scold her.

"I'm great! I was really busy planning an event you see." She replied dramatically.

"What event is it? Is it a marriage?" Gauri asked excited, failing to notice the sarcasm in Anika's words.

"No, your funeral." She replied with a tight lipped smile that drained the excitement out of Gauri's face. Now, she was sure that her dear friend too had come here to give her an earful. "You remember how we used to plan for it? I used to say I will bring you white roses when I come for your funeral and remember how we had also planned the menu? I was just checking if it was all ready."

Gauri smiled nervously at the memory. "You were so sure I would die?"

"Yeah, either by the bullet or from my hands." She replied with a smile that was filled with anger directed towards Gauri.

"Anika...see....I'm still in this condition...You shouldn't...scold me now..." Gauri pleaded.

"Once you become fit and fine, I'm gonna give you nice for this Khatron Ki Khiladi wala stunt of yours!" She said with a huge smile that only reminded Gauri of the wicked smile those evil Step mothers had in Disney princess movies.

Gauri smiled nervously at her friend, "Anika, you too Brutus...?"

"What you too Brutus? Do you have any idea what we all were going through?" She asked, her calm demeanor completely disappearing. "Omkara had gone insane in guilt! He couldn't stop blaming himself, he refused to have food until you woke up and what not! You have any idea how hard it was for us to convince him to have a little food? Do you have any idea how hard it was for me to watch you in this condition? Any idea how Shivaay had also broken down? Any idea how your whole family was in stress? Any idea on how we managed? Do you have any idea how hard it was for me to keep my faith strong and not let anyone else's break!"

"I'm sorry..."

"Gauri I swear, if this happens again I will come and give you a tight slap without even caring that you are in the OT! I won't give a damn to the doctors operating on you!" Anika said glaring at her. And Gauri knew better than to argue. If she said it, then it meant there was no stopping Anika. She wouldn't be surprised if the doctors moved aside for Anika to slap her. Such was her anger after all.

"Thank you for taking care of them." Gauri replied gratefully and that seemed to have changed Anika's focus. Gauri knew this whole situation would've affected Shivaay a lot because he had lost his sister once.

"He is my husband." Anika replied shaking her head. "And Omkara is my brother too. But sometimes, it seems like he is my younger brother despite the fact that he is elder than me! "

"That's so true! He behaves like a kid!" Gauri agreed as they shared a laugh.

"Can I come in if your bff moment got over?" Shivaay asked standing outside a half opened door.

"Come in," Anika said with a smile.

"Bhaiya!" Gauri called him. "Thank you." She said, remembering that he was the one who donated blood to her.