Chapter 29: Care

Shivaay and Anika were back just in time to hear the nurse.

"I can donate, my blood is O positive." Both Shivaay and Priyanka said at the same time. Everybody around looked at them with a little bit of happiness, relief and hope.

"Omkara." Anika called out keeping her hand on his shoulder as they watched Gauri through the glass window. Shivaay and Priyanka had gone to donate blood. When he turned to her she continued, "She has just begun to live her life thanks to you. She still has a lot left to enjoy and experience. She is feeling the magic of love now only, she won't give up, I know my best friend. She has already given you enough pains, now she wont let you suffer anymore because of her. She still has a long life ahead of her. A life that she wants to spend with you. She has no choice but to wake up, because you are waiting for her on this side. Even if Yamraj, stops her, she will fight him with all her might and make sure she gets to you, because she still hasn't completed her greatest desire."

"Greatest desire?" He asked confused.

"Hmmm." She nodded with a smile. "That's our best friend wala secret. I won't let you know because if I do, she'll kill me. I love my life, I don't intend to die anytime soon and definitely not from her hands. If she kills me, it's gonna come in all newspapers with a headline A best friend has killed another best friend for letting their secret out!"
Omkara chuckled softly, her words having had an impact on him making him feel hopeful that his Gauri would be fine.

Anika smiled to herself having accomplished to put a smile on his face.

Please wake up soon, Ri. She said in her mind.

*****

A day had passed and Gauri had still not opened her eyes. She was still under observation and visitors had a very small amount of time for meeting her. The killer had been found thanks to Khanna, their head staff and it was revealed that one of the Oberoi's business rivals tried to kill Omkara by arranging a goon.

A rivalry that had been there since years..

Omkara had stayed outside the ICU the whole night and despite their pleas, hadn't even had a single morsel of food since the previous day. Each passing minute felt like hell for him as he saw his Gauri trying to fight between life and death.

He had promised to be with her for every pain and sorrow then why was she suffering there alone? Wasn't it supposed to be him in her place? Then why did it have to be her?

The growing ache in his heart was slowly starting to eat him alive. It felt like someone was brutally stabbing his heart repeatedly. He looked at the mangalsutra safely enclosed in his hand. The nurse had given it to him when Gauri had been taken for the operation. Since their marriage, Gauri had always worn it. But today to have it in his hand instead of her neck broke him. He clutched onto it tightly and held it against his chest trying to feel her essence from it.

"Bhaiya, please have some food." Rudra pleaded as he came towards Omkara with a plate of food making him snap out of his thoughts. "Bhabhi won't like it if you stay hungry. We'll all be getting scoldings from her. Please have something. You have to be strong when she wakes up right?" Omkara didn't miss the pain in his happy go lucky brother's voice.

"Rudy...I don't want to-"

"Please. Bhabhi won't be happy with this behaiviour of yours. You need strength to scold her right? You think she'll be happy to see you so broken when she wakes up? I know you're angry at her but that doesn't mean you give her such a punishment. At least let her see you a little healthy." Rudra said trying his best not to cry.