Chapter 23: Realisation

Omkara was swimming in the pool when when Gauri walked in and stood next to the pool watching him- more like admiring him. But her dear husband thought of a mischief and splashed water on Gauri making her move back in shock.

"Omkaraaa!! Yeh kya kar rahe hain aap?!" She exclaimed in shock, trying to get rid of the water on the surface of her clothes. However he did not stop, instead splashed another handful of water at her with a huge grin while she watched him in bewilderment. "Stop it Omkara!" She said rolling her eyes. "You're making me wet!! I just took a bath before sometime, I don't want to bath again."

"Okay fine." Omkara said holding up his hand, when she looked at it confused he said, "Help me out, I'm done too."

Gauri forwarded her hand and held Omkara's hand in hers trying to pull him up. But he had other plans, he pulled her a little towards him but not too much that she fell. Gauri looked at his playfulness wide eyed.

"I won't help you." She said trying to sound annoyed when in fact she enjoyed it a little.

Omkara didn't let go of her hand, "Okay baba, sorry. I won't repeat it. Just help me out will you?"

Narrowing her eyes suspiciously at him, she tried to pull him out but the moment she stepped back, her feet slipped due to the water on the ground and she was about to fall back when Omkara sensing the danger, pulled her towards him and she fell right on top of him and due to the force of her falling, they both almost drowned.

He immediately held her tightly and pulled them both towards the top of the water. Gauri's one hand clutched on to his sleeveless t-shirt while the other was on his biceps. He saw his wife looking into his eyes wide eyed, gasping for air, trying to catch her breath. Her whole face had turned red due to the sudden entry of water into her system.

"Gauri?" Omkara called out to her a little concerned as he managed to keep them afloat.

"Please don't leave me." She replied frantically, wrapping her hands around his neck tightly. "I don't know swimming."

Omkara held on to her waist even more tightly as their bodies pressed to eachother, "Don't be scared. Relax. I won't let you drown, okay? Besides it's not a deep pool, Gauri." He nodded at her and she nodded back. Then with a mischievous smile, he said, "If you're going to hold on to me this tightly, then we might as well spend the entire day here with you in my arms."

Gauri moved her face back and hit his chest trying to look annoyed, "Besharam!"

Feeling his hold on her waist loosen and a naughty grin form on his face, she looked at him in panic realizing his intention. He withdrew the support he provided to her and she started to flap her hands around to somehow manage to keep herself afloat, all the while gasping for breath. Then, getting a hold of his t-shirt, she grabs it and wraps her arms around his neck while he happily wrapped his arms around her waist, "One of these days, I should teach you swimming. But on a side note, I thinks it's better I don't. I mean atleast this way you'll be close to me right?" He winked while she looked at him in bewilderment.

"Take me out now! Because of you, I'll have to bath again!" She screamed while he laughed.

"Excuse me madam, you slipped, I didn't pull you in." Omkara pointed out.

"And how did I slip?" Gauri asked mocking him, "I slipped because you threw water on the floor!"

"Aha!" Omkara exclaimed, "First you fell by yourself, now you're blaming me? How's that even fair?"

"So you putting water is fair?" Gauri asked in disbelief.

"Everything is fair in love and war, sweetheart." Omkara said with a wink and Gauri gaped at him. Slowly, he tucked the wet tresses on her face behind her ears. Gauri's heartbeats increased rapidly as he leaned in closer to her as if to kiss her. Their lips were dangerously close to eachother.