Bonus Chapter 1: Labour!

Note:
  This is a bonus chapter that I thought of posting as an epilogue some time back but then decided against it. Since some of you asked me to post the unpublished chapters, I'm publishing it.
This chapter takes place few months after the last chapter.
*******

Omkara paced back and forth with his hands folded across his chest and eyes glued to the Labour room.

Anika's eyes followed his trail for some time before giving a sigh. She looked at her watch for the nth time wondering what was taking everyone else so long. Her husband, Tej, Shakti and Harsh must've been stuck in traffic, Vasundhra, Jhanvi and Pinky had gone to a far away temple to pray for Gauri's healthy delivery so there was no doubt that they would take time to reach. And that meant she had to babysit Omkara, Again!

"Omkara." She called out to him very calmly trying her best not to express her displeasure and maintain her calm demeanour. "Could you please just sit down."

Omkara turned to look at her in shock, like she had just said the most stupid thing ever. "Sit down!?" He exclaimed in disbelief. "How can I-"

"For Godsake, my eyes are paining from all that going back and forth." She replied with a straight face.

"Stop looking then." He shrugged.

"Yeah as if that's under my control!" She said rolling her eyes.

"Of course your eyes are under your control!" Omkara exclaimed. "And I walk when I'm tensed."

"Your legs are under your control too! Just sit down!" Anika commanded. "And why are you worrying so much? She'll be fine in some time!"

As everyone had been away from the house, Anika and Gauri had decided to spend the day together in Oberoi mansion along with Shivani- her and Shivaay's 6 month old daughter. But by evening, Gauri had got Labour pain and had to be rushed to the hospital. Hopefully, Omkara was there at home. Once Gauri was in the hospital, Anika had gone and given her baby to Shivaay's mom and then returned to the hospital. She remembered how the car ride to the hospital was...

*********

"Gauri is it very bad? Oh God what do I do now?!" Omkara panicked seeing pain written all over Gauri's face.

"Omkara I'm fine, it's normal in a pregnancy to have such pains." Gauri comforted him, adjusting herself in the seat for him to close the door.

"But Gauri the doctor said the date was after three days right? Then why is the baby coming this early?" He asked in confusion.

"It happens Omkara, let's-"

"That doctor is no good! He couldn't even predict the date right! If he did then you wouldn't be in this condition now!" Omkara cursed as he got into the driver's seat.

"Its a biological process for God's sake It can't be predicted that accurately!" Anika said shaking her head in disapproval.

"Yes Omkara, besides it's our baby, you and I are both unpredictable so is our baby." Gauri said trying to keep her voice straight.

"Gauri, don't worry we'll reach there in a few minutes ok? You'll be fine!" Omkara said as he started the car while Anika sat beside Gauri wondering who was in Labour pain. Here Gauri who was having Labour pain was so calm and there Omkara was freaking out on her behalf!

*******

"She'll be in pain." Omkara mumbled all tensed.

"Every mother will be." Anika stated in a matter of fact tone.