Chapter 12: Saved

And for the first time, she realised if anything were to happen to him, she wouldn't be able to bear it. Her heart almost stopped at the thought of him getting hurt.

"OMKARA!!!!" The chandelier started shaking more and Gauri ran towards him in long strides. Omkara looked at her with a frown, confused to see her running towards him. The next few seconds were a blur for him  and he could make out things only when his back hit the ground and the sound of glass shattering filled the room earning gasps from everyone.

Gauri had pushed him to the ground and due to the movement, she too had fallen on top of him. The chandelier had fallen just so close to them. Had she been just a little more late, Omkara would've been struck by the chandelier.

Gauri almost died at the thought of it. She turned her wide eyes away from the chandelier to below her and saw Omkara looking at her in shock. She smiled a little at him, relieved that he was fine as a tear slipped her eye and fell on his cheek.

"Gauri! Om! Are you both okay?" Shivaay asked as he rushed towards them worried.

All the other family members and even Anika who had been checking on the staff in food section came rushing towards them while Gauri got up from Omkara and then offered him her hand to get up.

Omkara looked at the shattered chandelier lying on the ground in horror as he realised that Gauri had saved his life almost risking her own. He immediately turned towards her and saw her eyes that filled with concern. Taking her extended hand in his, he got up and looked at her as words stopped forming in his head,  his view being disturbed as one after another, his and her familes checked on them. He even heard his family thank her for saving his life but he stood there speechless just nodding.

He so much wanted to talk to her but it didn't seem like he could.
Anika had given a huge dose to the lighting department for their mistake. She was horrified by the whole incident and wouldn't stop apologizing to both the families and Omkara especially. Everyone knew and even tried to make her understand it wasn't her fault but she wouldn't stop.

Finally the guests had started to leave one by one and managing to get away without being noticed by his family and friends, Omkara went looking for Gauri. After a little search, he found her talking to Anika. Once Anika left, he walked towards her as she looked at him in relief.

He wasn't sure of what he would ask or tell her but he knew he wanted to ask something. However, his chain of thoughts were broken when he felt two small hands tightly wrap around him. 

It took him a moment to process what had happened. She was hugging him! He felt waves of different emotions pass through him at their intimacy.

It was their first hug.
She had hugged him.

His happiness knew no bounds. He immediately wrapped his arms around her little body and held her close to himself, feeling her warmth. He wanted to stop time and be in this moment forever. But then he felt her sobbing.

Immediately holding her by her shoulders, he gently pushed her a little away to her a view of her face. She tried to look away but her overflowing tears were unmissable. His heart broke to see her like that.

Gently, he wiped away her tears and cupped her face. "What happened, Gauri?" He asked in his most calming voice.

Gauri just hugged him tight again and said between her sobs, "I thought I almost lost...you.." Her voice broke as she spoke.

Omkara was surprised to hear it. Unknowingly, a smile made its way on his face knowing that the woman he loved more than his life, cared for him and his life.

Wrapping one of his hands around her, he made her face him using his other hand and  smiled reassuringly at her. His arms provided her with a sense of protection that no other arms had.