Chapter 17: Clean shave & short hair...?

Things had been going well for both Gauri and Omkara for the past few days since their marriage. They spent most of their time together as even Omkara had taken leave from the office for the wedding.

They would spend time talking about movies and places. They pretty much knew everything about eachother thanks to them being friends during their school years. Sometimes they would sit by the pool with their legs in the water as they talked about their childhood memories and deepest fears. Life was beautiful.

Even when he started going to office after a week since their marriage, they would spend their evening together, talking. Omkara was against the idea of joining office this early but Gauri being Gauri, convinced him that he was needed at the office. However she was to start her work after another week.

One morning, Omkara caught Gauri playing with his hair, brushing her fingers against it. On realising that he had noticed, she tried to leave panicking, but he caught her by the wrist and pulled her back. She stood on her place closing her eyes in defeat and embarrassment.

Turning around, she looked at him nervously while he mischieviously raised his eyebrows at her. She looked away shaking her head as if she didn't know what had happened there. He pulled her again and this time, she fell on top of him on the bed. Her eyes going wide by his stint.

As their eyes locked, they could see a whole another world in eachother. Omkara gently caressed the hair strands on her face, tucking it behind her ears as he looked into her eyes.

"You know you can play with it when I'm awake too." Omkara whispered making Gauri blush a deep red.

"It's nothing like that.." She said trying to get up from him, looking everywhere but him.

"Oh really? Don't hide that you're in love with my beautiful hair." He said with a victorious smile, tightening his hold on her.

"You're dreaming!" She said hiding her embarrassment.

"Am I?" He asked mischieviously, and Gauri couldn't help but blush seeing the glint of naughtiness in his eyes. "Then it's a beautiful dream, darling." He said blowing a kiss at her making her eyes go wide. Her heart fluttered hearing him call her darling.

She gently slapped him on his chest and tried to sound like she was scolding him, "Leave me! Mom will be looking for me!"

"Oh come on, you got married to me not her. Let me atleast spend some time with my wife."

"Acha? Tho aap yeh shaam aur raat ko kiske saath poolside pe baitke baathe karte hain?" She asked rolling her eyes at him.

(Translation: "Really? Then with whom do you spend time talking, sitting by the poolside at evenings and nights?")

"Par Gauri, tumhare saath jitna bhi waqt bithaun, kam lagta hain yaar!" He whined like a 3year old.

"Really?" She asked rolling her eyes and quickly getting up as his hold had loosened.

"This is cheating! You made use of my lack of concentration!" He accused her with a pout making her giggle at his antics.

Her husband was one hell of a dramatic man for sure!

"Then catch me if you can!" She challenged knowing well that he would not even get up from his bed as it was a Sunday. She left the room trying not to smile like an idiot. While Omkara stared at the retreating figure of his wife rolling his eyes with a smile. She was the best thing that had ever happened to him.

****

"I was thinking of getting a clean shave. What do you think?" Omkara casually asked Gauri that day as he looked into the mirror running his fingers through his stubble. He saw Gauri arranging the bed through the mirror turn stiff as the words fell from his mouth.