Chapter 23

I've been here in the library for almost 10 minutes. While waiting for. I was brainstorming some ideas on what to talk about when she get here.

Then after like five minutes, she showed up.

"Hey! Sorry I'm late."

"I thought you're going to ditch me."

"Why would I do that. I've been waiting for someone to tell me about my past that my mom won't tell me." She said.

"Ok."

"Let's start. Shall we?" she asked.

"Yes ma'am." I saluted.

She laughed. I missed her laugh.

"So what do you want to know about?" I asked.

"Everything that I need to know."

"Didn't your mom told you everything you need to know?"

"Not about my friends and my school."

"Ok then." I said. I don't know what else to say.

"You were a very nice girl when you were little. You had a lot of friends. But you had a best friend. And no one can separate you." I started off.

"You've been best friends for 8 years. And it all started when you were 8. You were being bullied and he protected you from them. Then after that day. You guys spent 8 years together as best friends. You've gone through a lot of things together. Whether it's good or bad, you're there to protect each other."

"Wow. And then?"

"And then, when you were 16. You moved to California. Leaving your best friend all alone by himself. He was crying. He don't usually cry but it was so painful and he needed to get the pain out of his chest. He was all alone by himself after you left him. He doesn't know what to do at that time. You were the only friend he had and he didn't know what to do without you."

I looked up and she was crying.

"What's his name?"

"Jake Davis." I whispered but she still managed to hear me.

"I-It's y-yo-u." she said while crying.

"Yes."

"Why didn't you tell me as soon as we met at Starbucks?"

"Because I thought you forgot about me. Beacuse you never called, texted or emailed me ever again. I thought you just moved on with your life after you moved to California.

"You THOUGHT!"

"I was just scared to talk to you."

"You didn't even bother to talk to me, did you?" she asked.

"I've always tried to talk to you but neve answer. I sent you hundreds of messages and emails. I called you for thousands of times but you never answered any one of my calls. I went to your relatives' house and asked if I can get your new number but they never gave it to me. I tried everything I can do."

She was crying.....

"I'm sorry Jake. It's all my fault." she was sobbing.

"It's not your fault. I didn't know that you had an amnesia."

"No really, it's my fault. I should've just-"

"Shhh. Don't worry about it." I whispered to her ear.

"Can we be friends again?" She asked.

"Best friends." I said then she smiled.

We talked for hours in the library and we went to Starbucks. It was almost 7 when I got home.

I was just so happy that everything seems okay. Well at least, for now.

Would I still tell her that it's my fault she had an amnesia?
What if that will ruin our friendship?
What would I do if her parents found out that I'm talking to her?

My phone vibrated after a few minutes. It was a text from Autumn. It says "Thank you so much for telling me about our friendship. Thank you for everything. Thank you for being my friend until now."

I responded quickly. "You're welcome. I miss talking to you."

"Aww that's so sweet Jake. Oh anyways, Goodnight!"

"Goodnight Autumn."

Instagram : nightowl0708
Twitter: nightowl078