CHAPTER: I

Cara's POV

"Wake up.... No!", "I'm Sorry! Don't leave me... you are the only one left for me in this lifetime..." "Please, Please, Please! Breathe... I'm getting scared now..." I wept silently while praying every god I have known. Why is this happening to me? What sin have I committed? Why? All these questions scuttled in my mind endlessly. But no answer. This is my life. My future has always been a riddle that was impossible to figure out. All I was able to do was to travel back to where it all began. Those years were the time I want to let go and hold on to till my last breath. It was both a dream and a nightmare.

Exactly 6 years ago, morning, I can still remember, my room was darker than a blind man's eyesight and as cold as the arctic. I liked it. I slowly opened one of my eyes when I caught my alarm clock screeching as if the house was on fire, while my tired feet played hide and seek with my large, warm cozy blanket. Then as expected, I heard gentle knocks on my door. It was mom, her highness. "Cara? Are you awake?" She questioned soundlessly, pressing on her British accent. I quickly jumped out of my bed and rushed to clean myself as soon as my ears received her voice.

After I got ready, I raced downstairs to the breakfast table, just to see my whole family waiting for me. "Cara, what are you wearing?" aunt Naiomi gasped while signaling her highness. "You do know what the occasion is, right?" she continued while waiting for my answer. The entire room was as silent as the grave on a full moon night. All their eyes were fixed on me. I had no idea about what she was hinting. "She is just 23." my father stated, finally breaking the eternal silence. "But still, she needs to look impressive dear. She can't be wearing plain clothes and wander around." Her highness replied without hesitation. "And she has to take care of her dating life. She is not a kid anymore." She added as she stared into dad's eyes which were right across the table. "Alright. Cara. Darling. I think you should change. It won't take more than five minutes. Go on." he surrendered. Ugh. Why does dad always pick her side! I had no choice but to force myself to my room. I didn't realize that my two aunts and her highness were following me till here. "Let us get you ready..." Aunt Rui Wei murmured while she explored my wardrobe. "This is it!" She declared, holding an outfit which I didn't even know existed. "No, that's too revealing" Aunt Naiomi suggested, then the two ladies began to reason each other's choice. Like a last beat of a drum, her highness joined the conversation as well, and my head started to spin. I was so tired. I sat on the couch and relaxed my head on the pillow.

. . .

At last, I woke up after a while which almost felt like forever, to see the women of our house accomplishing their mission of selecting an outfit for me. "Here you go, my dear" her highness revealed as she took a few steps towards me. "Wear this. And he will fall for you in no time." My aunts squealed. "Wait! So, you guys seriously planned a blind date for me?" I enquired. Suddenly I realized. Slowly. "Mom, this is unfair! I'm too young! I'm not meeting anyone or going anywhere!" I protested. "Well, this is just a meeting. Take it that way Cara. And we are not telling to marry him now. Just meet him. Ok honey?" Her highness said it in an astonishingly calm tone. "You guys leave me with no choice. Huh?" I paused. "It's just a friendly meeting. Ok? Nothing else..." I stated, giving in. "Nothing Else." All three ladies repeated with a smile at the back of their lips.

Suddenly questions popped in my head. Wait! Who am I going to meet? Who is HE? ...

To Be Continued...