CHAPTER: V

Zhou Ming Yun's POV

I had no choice but to follow her. But when I went in, I noticed that she was searching for something at the back of the class. What is she searching for? Could it be the key? I thought. How can she be so careless? Well, no doubt that a brainless girl like her misplaces things. I took a few steps towards her when a guy barged in. He was wearing a black OAMC hoodie and was almost breathless when he spoke. "Cara! Are you alright?" He inquired. Her name is Cara? What an awful name. Whatever. Before she could answer, two more people entered the room in panic. "I just saw your call..." he continued "So we came rushing here." he went on. "Noah! You are just in time. I was about to die!" she whined. What a drama queen. "What happened?" asked the second figure behind Noah. "Well...I...I..." She stammered. "Neil, with that look on her face... I guess she lost something very dear to her." The one in the middle declared. "Yeah, I guess so..." agreed Neil and Noah, in sync. "It must be her car key" announced Noah with a mixture of excitement and disappointment in his voice. Oh! So... I was right? But before my hand reached my pocket, Neil spat out words endlessly. "Don't worry Cara, that car is old anyway and I think it's for the best. Now you could start using your new car, which uncle gifted to you last summer." He tried to comfort. However, I think it made no difference. "Cara, don't worry. Noah, Aaron, and I will give you a ride back home" Neil exclaimed. "Finally, we can go on a ride together after a long time!" He unnecessarily jumped with excitement. All three of them dragged that near tear, miserable girl out of the room. Oh shoot! Amidst all this I forgot to claim my twenty-nine dollars! Anyhow, what should I do with her car key? Should I return it? Or should I just do her a favor by throwing it away? This woman has made my first day so exhausting! Daniel escaped from me too. I will catch him tomorrow.

Cara's POV

"Ummm... Guys wait! I don't think I can come with you back home." I finally revealed. All Three of them paused immediately and their eyes were pasted on me along with a confused look on their face. "Let me explain!" I spoke up before Noah opened his mouth. "I got a text from an unknown number requesting me to meet him at the Woodland café this evening." I continued. "Who is he? And why do you have to meet him? Wait. Is that the guy you were supposed to meet today?" Noah asked "I guess so... I have no choice! If I go home without meeting him, her highness will kill me!" I replied. "Fine. See you at home Cara." Aaron ended the conversation and walked through the corridor finally disappearing into thin air. They left. Oh no. I am late!

Damian's POV

I was waiting. I am waiting. I will have to wait. Will she ever turn up? What am I going to tell mom if she doesn't show up? But I am left with no choice but to wait. "You just have to be patient. Damian you can do this." I spoke to myself like a fool. "Mr. Lozano..." An orotund voice from behind greeted me. It felt somehow familiar. I slowly turned around to see her. "Anna Hatz." I muttered under my breath. My number one enemy. She competes with me for everything even though she is two years younger than me. "Why is she here?" I questioned myself. "I am here to meet your future partner." She announced as if she heard my murmur. She sat swiftly beside me. And silence filled the void between us. Now. WE were waiting.

To Be Continued...