CHAPTER: XI

No-one's POV

"Huh!" Cara murmured as she dug into her bag. "Is this...My...Key!" she gasped. "But how? I am hundred percent sure that It was missing yesterday." Cara couldn't help but suspect everyone who came near her bag today. Actually no one did. Except, Zhou Ming Yun. "That maniac. Maybe he...No no no no. He is not that good and considerate, especially when it comes to me. I'm sure that if, he was the one who found my key, he would've kindly destroyed it as soon as he found out that it was mine. Or was he really being thoughtful? If that's the case, I need to...I don't know." She argued within herself. Since, the day was already surprising enough, Cara decided to spend some time at her favorite café. Breeze N Bar.

. . .

She carefully parked her old, treasured car. She steadily strolled into the café. She collapsed on her regular seat with her mind filled with doubts and regrets.

"Hey wifey! Same as usual?" Interviewed a pleasant voice.

"Oh, Lynn. It's you. Why are you here all of a sudden? You don't usually come here since the opening of the new branch as... You know the reason why." Cara teased as she gestured Lynn to take a seat beside her.

"Ok, can you please be more aware of your best-friend's personal life?" Lynn whined as she positioned herself beside her friend. "First of all, I'm the new person in charge of this place, and if you are wondering why, I couldn't stand it. My heart sank in the pool of regret, whenever I saw him being all lovey-dovey with his new girlfriend." She continued without a break.

"Wait. What! He is in a relationship? I saw that coming, you know. Actually...He doesn't deserve you." Cara commented at her best-friend's failed love story.

"Yeah...So much for loving him one-sidedly from a distance for two years. But you know what? I'm kinda over him. I just needed some time to discard the rest of the lingering feelings I had towards him." Lynn avowed sarcastically while her eyes portrayed the pain in her heart.

Cara wrapped her hands around the twenty-three-year-old who sat beside her. As soon as Cara accomplished her mission of engulfing Lynn within her arms, tears rolled from Lynn's eyes. It was like an old wound opening up even after ample evidence prove that the wound has completely disappeared. After a few moments of silence, Lynn broke out of the tight hug. And took a deep breath. "Enough about me. Tell me what's the matter. You never come here unless you are 'mentally' disturbed." Lynn suddenly changed the topic. "No, Nothing. It's just that I'm fuming and grateful at the same time. Other than that, I guess I'm alright." Cara replied in a calm yet puzzled voice. "Well. I can wait till you are ready to tell me. Its ok." Lynn stated.

"Fine, at least tell me what's happening at our college currently. Wait. Let me guess. The Freshmen orientation?" She changed the topic again.

"Ya. You are lucky that you graduated earlier than me, Lynn. If it wasn't for what happened last year, I wouldn't have to go through hell now."

"Hell? What hell are you talking about?"

"The arts and literature club is planning on to put on the same play they have been doing for the past three years."

"You mean that stupid club which was initially created by the Filmology Faculty? Now I understand what you meant by hell" Lynn stated. "But how on earth did you become a part of that useless club? Its Adam. isn't it?" Lynn continued after a short pause.

"It's ADEM!" Cara replied instantly as she got into her defensive mode.

"Cara! See! This is what I meant! You always do things for him, but he NEVER looked at you the way you look at him. And he never will. I hope you can understand." Lynn tried her level best to convince her friend.

There was a drape of silence in between.

"Anyhow, I don't love him. I just like him. That's it." Cara snapped as she pulled out her phone which was shivering in her bag. "Oh! Its Merk!" Cara announced as she placed the chilly phone on her warm ears. "Ya...mmmhhmmm... Calm down. I'll be there. Ok. Bye." Cara stood up as soon as the call ended. "Why did he call?" Lynn questioned with her voice filled with concern.

"It's mom and dad. They are fighting again."

"But, what does it have to do with you?"

"Ah...It's Merk. You know, he's very sensitive and he sort of, gets anxious when it comes to arguments and fights. And I want to be there for him. So, Lynn, I need to leave. Bye. I'll call you." Cara left the place immediately.

Cara's POV

I'm here. It's been nearly fifteen minutes since Merk last called. I guess he is alright now. I really hope so too.

I stepped inside to discover an utterly hushed abode. "Merk? Where are you?" I called out using my loudest voice. "He must be in his room Cara." Replied her highness as she took steady steps towards me. "Oh." I sighed and then raced towards the long staircase which led to his room. I almost treaded halfway up the staircase when I realized, "Mom!" I muttered as I forced my legs to stop. I swiftly turned around and sprinted back to her highness.

"Why did you and dad fight again? And why in front of Merk?" I grumbled while I stare straight into her teal-colored eyes.

"It was just a small argument between your father and I, on who confessed their love first." Her highness snapped as her fair face turned scarlet. "And I didn't notice Merk enter as I was too busy reasoning with your father. Oh dear. If I had known. No wonder he was all pale when I saw him a few minutes ago." Her highness continued as her tone changed.

"MOM! How many times have I told you not to argue over such trivial matters!"

"It's not a trivial matter. Actually. It's a shame that I couldn't notice my own son enter while I was so busy talking. He's such a delicate soul. So, let me go talk to him. You can go to your room now Cara dear." Her highness proceeded upstairs after she ended the conversation. I followed her for a while then re-routed to my room.

. . .

Zhou Ming Yun's POV

     Heart_Stealer: I feel so good.

     LittleFoxyLady: ...

     LittleFoxyLady: What's the matter?

      Heart_Stealer: Oh. It's just that I did something good to my worst enemy.

     LittleFoxyLady: Mhm?

     LittleFoxyLady: Well... In that case, Good boy. I'm so proud of you. ;)

     Heart_Stealer: I wish she thinks the same way too.

     LittleFoxyLady: Wait. It's a SHE?

     LittleFoxyLady: Ok. What did I miss? Don't tell me you have a girlfriend now.

     Heart_Stealer: No! It's nothing like what you think miss foxy.

     Heart_Stealer: It's just that I want to prove that I am way better than her.

     LittleFoxyLady: Oh, ok. If that's what you say. She must be a troublemaker, I guess.

     Heart_Stealer: Exactly! She is! To be precise, she is a brainless girl.

"Welcome home Young Master."

"Where is Mingyun?"

"He's in his room sir."

"ZHOU MING YUN! Come down now. WE NEED TO TALK."

To Be Continued...