CHAPTER: VII

"We are here!" I exclaimed when I recognized our Wilson Residence. "Thank you. Damian." I said trying to maintain my cool. "No problem, Cara. Take care." Damian instructed. I strolled through the garden, relaxing myself as I walked through, before going inside. I took deep breaths to prepare myself to face my curious family, who are going interrogate me endlessly.

I'm home. A wave of relief travelled through my veins like electricity. A slow smile appeared on my face when I stepped into my dear home. Something was odd. It was quiet. "Chad?" I called out. He was always the first one to greet me when I come home. "Chad!" I repeated myself in a louder tone. But no response. However, I stood there still. Waiting. A few seconds later, Chad crawled towards me, whispering in a low voice that it was almost impossible to comprehend. "Miss Cara! Miss Cara! I'm here!" He screamed quietly. "Why are you walking in a funny way?" I questioned him in my finest volume. Loud and clear. "Shh! Shh!" He closed my mouth as he dragged me somewhere soundlessly. He acted as if he was in A Quiet Place.

He pushed me inside one of the nearest rooms and locked the door. I released the pent-up breath as I started to breath normally. His ears were pasted to the door. "What's happening Chad?" I probed. "Miss Cara, can you wait for a minute!" He hushed me. He was acting as if we were running away from something. But wasn't sure what it was. "Are you done checking?" I complained. After a few endless minutes he slowly turned around and took few steps towards me. "Done" he announced in low tone. "Now answer me. What's going on?" I insisted while making myself comfortable on the guest bed. "I'm listening..." I continued. "Miss Cara, there are hungry wolves outside this room, waiting to pry. But don't worry. I'm here! Just tell me what happened... It can be about your date too." He tried to convince me. I was about to blurt out all what happened, when my brain sent me a sudden signal. No!!!!!!!!! THIS IS A TRAP! I heard all my cells screaming out to me. So, I suddenly changed the topic. "Why is the house so empty today?" I questioned. "Well...They...The..." He stammered. I knew It! I celebrated within myself. I knew that it was all a set up by my family to gather information about what happened through Chad. Chad you sneaky rat! I cursed him inside my head. "How could you do this to me? Chad! You were supposed to be on my side! But now you are working with them to pry on me! I thought you were my bestfriend!" I groaned tirelessly. "Miss Cara! Me being your BESTFRIEND is an overstatement! I'm sorry and don't worry, I will always remain as your loyal servant forever." He vowed. "Chad! How many times I told you not to use that word. Have I ever treated you like one? Or did anyone in this family do that? No right. Then remember, that you are always part of this family." I interrupted as I stated. "Anyway. Let's go. I'm starving!" I roared as I stepped out of the room. Chad followed me. As I walked forward, I noticed Chad poking into his phone. Within a minute later, one by one, figures popped out from nowhere. The house wasn't empty anymore. "Hey Chad. Where is Noah, Aaron, and Neil? I saw their cars here, but they are nowhere to be found." I wondered while roaming around the corridor. "They just went out, right before you arrived..." He paused for a while to think. "I think Aaron went to meet Hannah and Noah went to the firm while Neil accompanied him." He continued. Oh I see...

After a few steps down the corridor, her highness appeared in front of me like a cop waiting to arrest. I somehow dodged her and finally entered the busy kitchen. They were preparing the meal as usual. I had nothing to do there. So, I headed upstairs to my room when I heard a silent humming of a car engine outside. "Oh. Merk is here." I assured myself as I changed the direction of my feet towards the main door. I stood at the edge of the entrance waiting for my lovely brother. He is amazing! Well, Noah, Aaron and Neil are amazing too. I consider them as my brothers too. Also, since I am the only girl in the whole Wilson family, more or less, I am the most favored among all and will remain the same.

Merk's POV

God! What a tiring day! I let out a deep breath while warming down myself. I was planning to skip dinner and hop right into bed when I saw princess waiting for me, near the door. All I was able to understand was that when I saw her, all my exhaustion disappeared into thin air. Now all I was interested in was to figure out how her day was and her blind date arranged by mom. Poor Cara. I wish I had known sooner, but it was a surprise to all of us at the breakfast table this morning. Wait. Why is she out in the cold? PRINCESS! She is going to catch a cold! I paced towards her.

"Princess! Get inside! You are going to catch a cold!" I shouted as I reached her. I gently pushed her inside. Later, pulling her inside along with me into the warmest part of our house. "Princess, you are not supposed to be out at this hour. You weren't even wearing your coat!" I barked at her. But her face was expressionless, staring right at me with her eyes filled with both excitement and anger. "Merk!" She hissed. I stopped my lips in order to listen to her. "How many times have I told you! I'm twenty-three this year. Yet you are still calling me princess! Am I not too old for that?" She continued. I knew it. But I pretended as if I had no idea what she was talking about. "Princess, we promised you that we will not call you by your nicknames, OUTSIDE this mansion." I defended myself. "True, but still..." She started. "No buts and still. I was keeping my promise, so I am not found guilty." I interrupted. "Princess." I called again to make sure. "Anyhow, I heard that you misplaced your keys today." I stated. The reaction on her face made me laugh uncontrollably. I walked towards the long staircase when she pulled my shirt from behind. "So, tell me what happened at the hospital. Tell me!" She demanded. "Hmmmm.... Today there was a young girl who came for an abortion. If I remember correctly, I think she was sixteen and the worst part is that there was her whole family to accompany her. However, her six-week-old fetus was healthy. They should've shown this unity in supporting and raising the child and the mother instead of getting an abortion for their child" I answered. "So, what did you do? Wait. Let me guess. You refused. Right? I know that my broth..." She started. "No." I intervened. "I proceeded." I continued while trying to harden my voice in order to maintain my emotional balance. I gulped. "Merk. Stop lying...I know that you will never do that..." She chuckled in disbelief. "I had to. It was my duty and coming to think of it, I think it's for the best, for the girl's future." I avowed. "Ok, Let's stop talking about me and tell me about your date today." I changed the topic. "First thing, don't call it a date! It was just a 'meeting'!" She declared. "But...He wasn't all bad though..."She continued hesitantly. "Not as Bad as that HIMBO!" she screamed with her voice filled with fury. Her face turned crimson as if she was having an allergic reaction. "Princess? Are you alright?" I examined her as I questioned. I was on my doctor mode. "I'm FINE. I'm FINE..." She assured. "Just calm down and tell me everything" I advised her, looking right into her confused eyes. "I think you should tell us everything...Dimples" A disembodied voice approached me from behind. "Oh they are home!" Chad jumped from nowhere. That startled me. "Noah." Princess called out. Then I turned my head around about 180 degrees to witness, Noah, Aaron, and Neil standing. "Oh, you scared me." I internally spoke as they escorted princess to our secret corner of the house. I had no choice but to follow them. After we settled comfortably in our assigned bean bags, our discussion started. She told us everything.

To Be Continued...