CHAPTER: VI

As soon as Noah, Aaron and Neil disappeared out of her sight, Cara rushed to meet the one who she was reluctant to meet in the morning. Lastly, she stood outside the café, thinking twice before entering. She was nervous. She took a deep breath and stepped inside.

Cara's POV

I extended my arm and pushed the clean, broad glass door as I entered the café. I took a few steps forward when a tall, slim man wearing a plain light blue t-shirt with the café's logo on it, walked towards me. "Mr. Lozano is waiting for you, Miss" He admitted, leading me towards the stranger. We took several turns till he led me, into a private room in the café that I've never imagined existed. He firmly opened the door. I peeked inside to witness an elegant, charming young lady, sitting on the pale green sofa with her legs crisscrossed. She looked familiar. Anyhow there was no sign of Mr. Lozano. Moreover, I realized that her dressing sense was similar to her highness's taste in fashion. Both elegant and charming. Now, I see why she seemed familiar, she looks like her highness when she was in her twenties. I pretty much expected to find out that the young version of her highness is as elegant and charming as always when I discovered those vintage photos of her in my dad's study. My thought cloud was struck by lightning when my eyes swayed across the room, scanning through to find out there was no figure seated next to that lady. Oh! He must have sent his girlfriend to explain his situation. I jumped on that conclusion on my own. I walked forward and took my seat. "You and I have to talk..." Her ringing voice echoed in the dead silent room. She looked serious. Great. Now she thinks that I am a boyfriend stealer. MOM! I recklessly complained to myself. She slowly adjusted herself in order to begin the conversation. However, before she could utter a single word the door opened wide. It revealed a fresh-faced, formally dressed man walking towards me. He must be the guy. So... He didn't send his girlfriend but brought her with him instead. What a gentleman. He really takes her feelings into consideration. I was shaken when he sat beside me rather than sitting next to her. The room was noiseless. Again. Both their eyes were fixed on me. I feel like a convict now, stuck between two detectives who were ready to grill me with questions. I didn't know why, it felt like I have seen them before. But where?

"As you know...Her highness...oh sorry...My mom..." I finally broke the silence. "Yes. I completely forgot." I finally heard his appealing voice. "Let me introduce myself. I am Damian Lozano. To be honest I agreed to meet with you because I was compelled to but now, I think it was quiet worth it. Moreover, I like your unique fashion preferences by the way." He stated while staring right at my face and particularly observing and comparing my shoes to the rest of my body. That was embarrassing. I wouldn't be dressed like this if it wasn't for that himbo! "I think we are both in a similar situation. Damian. I hope you are ok with me calling you that way." I blurted. "Cara, please feel free to address me the way you like. I will really appreciate if you can continue this... friendship... without hesitation." He hunted for words as he spoke. "At least that's the least our parents expect from us. So, it's not proper to disappoint them. Is it?" He continued. I nodded in agreement. He is not that bad, unlike that himbo. This guy is a gentleman. Honestly.

A sudden movement destroyed my thought bubble. It was her. My eyes slowly turned towards her, providing my full attention. "So, you haven't introduced your friend here... to me.... yet." I suggested "I'd rather not, but since she started, it would be impolite if I don't introduce you to her." Damian stated as he turned towards her as he spoke to her. "This cold looking young lady here..." He started. "I am Ann Hatz. Nice to meet you, Cara." She interrupted, introducing herself. Wow. Her voice is so clear and was not so pitchy or deep. And her level of confidence. God! Before realizing, I became on of her admirers. Yet again, my brainwaves became parallel when she began to voice out again. "You might be wondering; we are seniors from your college. He is an ex-student while I'm doing my Master of Laws." She continued. "She already knows that I'm taking care of Dad's business. Anna." he confessed in an ignorant tone. "It's Ann" she hissed. "If Damian is not competent enough, feel free to call me, Cara." She assured me. "And I think I can expect that call soon." She continued while her eyes were visualizing Damian to be walking trash. She calmly looked at her phone screen and announced "It's five already. I think I've wasted more of my time waiting than talking. Anyway, see you later Cara. I really enjoyed this meeting." "Thank you for your time, Ann" I replied. She stood up and started walking towards the door. Everything about her is fine except one thing...that I suddenly remembered. She was holding the door knob, when she suddenly turned around and spoke to me. "We are not what you thought about us, by the way. We are just nemesis." She announced in a firm tone. Then she exited the room, later vanishing into the hallway. I couldn't speak a word. "I think it's time for me to leave as well." I declared "Nice to meet you, Damian. And Thanks for your hospitality." I rushed towards the door as soon as those words escaped from my mouth.

. . .

Finally, I was out of that room. Yet, here I am standing here again for almost fifteen minutes outside the café waiting for a taxi which never showed up. Agh! It's frustrating! Whoever has my car key now, I curse you! I hope you choke! I was taunting inside my head. "Let me give you a drive back home." The voice behind me insisted. "Damian, I don't think it's necessary." I explained. "I can manage myself." I added. "Well, I will wait here with you till you go home then." he promised. "Da..."I started "Cara, I don't think it's proper for a man to leave the woman he accompanied, to stand alone here for a taxi that's never going to show up. Come on Cara. I don't think we can afford to wait any longer." He finally convinced me. "Fine...Lets go" I sighed. He texted his chauffeur. Before he kept his phone back in his pocket, the car arrived. We headed back home. I had no idea why, but I kept comparing Damian to that fool. I couldn't get him out of my mind. This is so annoying!  

To Be Continued...

Bonus

Its frustrating! Who ever has my car key now, I curse you! I hope you choke! I was taunting inside my head. When Cara was cursing... Meanwhile at the Zhou Mansion...

"argh!arrgh!arrrgh!" 

"Oh no! Young master is choking! get some water!" 

"Hurry Up!!!" 

"He is struggling to breath!"

A few minutes later...

"Oh. he's alright now."

"Phew"

"Why did I choke all of a sudden?"

"Well, never mind."