CHAPTER: II

I hurried out of the mansion, while my eyes were trying to spot my old, dull grey car amidst all those luxurious, fancy cars which stood in the vast parking lot. I called Merk as soon as I got in. But no response. He was with a patient at that time, I guess. Otherwise, he would never do this. Then I tried to reach Aaron, his phone was busy. It was the same for Noah and Neil. No-one replied. I was starting to panic as I had no idea on who I was going to meet. So, I drove to college trying my best to remain calm and memorizing excuses to tell my professors on arrival. Yes...I'm late. I missed two lessons already. So, my car increased its speed.

Lastly, I reached my university, The University of Elonardo. It was a place where all the second and third generation elites in the city were trapped. This was our so-called luxurious prison with world-class services and best lecturers. You might think, what's so bad, well most memories regarding this place has always been...regretful. Except some. The corridor was empty. I think it's because all students were in their lessons. So, I scurried to my classroom while checking my phone for the last time. But all of a sudden, I landed on the ground. It felt like I bumped into a huge boulder. "Ouch..." I whispered breathlessly, filled with both embarrassment and confusion while starring at my bleeding knee. "Are you blind woman?" A strange but domineering voice questioned me furiously. "It's your fault. Not mine. So don't blame me." that voice continued after a short pause. Seriously!? Can't you see that I am bleeding? But before my thoughts were converted into words, he walked away. All I was able to comprehend was that it was a HE and that HE wore black shoes. And HE smelled weird. Anyhow HE was the most insensitive, stupid, spoiled brat I have ever encountered in my entire life. I slowly supported myself and stood up with my bleeding knee and one broken high heel. I steadily walked down the corridor to the infirmary. The medical students in training cleaned my wound and bandaged it. Then I wore my sneakers from my locker. Jesus! My whole day was ruined. Can it get any worse?

A wave of relief travelled through me the moment I set foot in my classroom. It was Ms. Amanda's lesson. I used my injury as an excuse for being late. I noticed that my seat was already taken so I had no choice but to take the seat at the very back. "It's ok. I will capture my seat back tomorrow." I comforted myself. Before I could finish comforting myself, Ms. Amanda declared "This will be your permanent seat from today onwards. Please remember this and inform your friends." Why? We are not in school anymore! "Well, for your information, this measure was taken, because the management has planned to grade your behavior along with your assignments and examinations. And please remember these grades will be taken into account for your final results." Ms. Amanda replied as if she was answering the questions in my mind. An endless roar of disagreements and regrets danced through the air till Ms. Amanda left the class for her next lesson. Am I going to stay at the back of class for the rest of my university life? No way. But one good thing about this was that the seat next to me was... empty. So, no disturbance. Less socializing. That means...I can relax. Or Can I?

To Be Continued...