CHAPTER: IX

Cara's POV

That insensitive brat just ran away while I was talking. "Hey! I'm not done yet!" I yelled. How dare he! I'm furious! If...If I see him again. I'm sure. I'm going to murder him! But first I need to calm down. So, I inhaled and exhaled deeply. "Cara calm down. Relax." I comforted myself.

After a while, I swiftly stood up and started rushing to the drama room. "The meeting is going start soon." I reminded myself as I forced my legs to move faster.

Zhou Ming Yun's POV

"Geesh, this place looks more like a theatre than a room." I murmured silently. I scanned around the room for those girls. But they were invisible. I turned around to leave the room, when a young man dressed in black, voluntarily pulled me to the nearest desk where two of those girls were seated. I didn't have any idea. But my face lit up at the sight of those girls. What happened afterwards was beyond my expectation. Those girls stood up as if their seat was on fire, as soon as their eyes met my bewildered face. They immediately walked towards me. Now. They were right in front of me. Those two girls even have a good dressing sense, though I commented on their looks internally. They have a better shape; I think the one on the right must be 28 waist size and the left must be 32. Gosh. They have long slender legs too. Not bad My brain continued to judge. I didn't realize that my eyes could be so calculative. My thought bubbles were destroyed when the one on the right started to speak. "Welcome to our Arts and Literature club!" She squealed with excitement while trying her level best to be calm. The one on the left quickly rushed forward. "I guess, you are interested to join us." She gushed with a pleasant smirk on her face. That moment I was spell-bounded by their beauty and their tremulous voices. So, I agreed. I stood there still, while they roamed around the auditorium. Before I knew, a group of girls surrounded me. "Hey, I'm Emma" "I'm Stacy" "I'm Lily" Each one of them introduced themselves in a flow. Our little conversation was interrupted by a familiar penetrating voice from behind. "You really are an idiot aren't you!" That voice barked. It was her. Cara. I slowly turned around to face my misery. "What are YOU doing here?" I hissed. "I guess you are not aware that, I am one of the senior members of this club." She replied without hesitation. "Fine. Fine. Don't be so proud." I mumbled under my breath, while crossing my arms across my chest. "You..." She began when the speakers placed around the auditorium started to roar. "Good afternoon, guys! I am Theo. Your beloved president of this fantastic club!" A disembodied voice spoke to us through the speakers. Everyone walked towards the stage and took their position dividing into different groups as they stood. I quickly hurried to join a group. Phew. Finally, I was standing with those cute girls again. "This year, we have been given the responsibility of welcoming the freshmen." He reported in a thrilled tone. "This is what the Arts and Literature club does every year. And yet you make it sound so new." Stacy who was standing a few steps beside me growled. "In order to make this more entertaining, I think it would be the best if we stage a production this year. Romena and Julien. Our new version of Romeo and Juliet." He added. Pfft... What's so new about this? Same old stupid love story. It's the English version of "The Butterfly Lovers" anyway. "Moreover, the most interesting part of this play is going to be the gender switch between the two main leads." He continued. "Next the vice president Bella will walk you through the casting procedures and so on." He finally ended his unreasonable talking. He handed the mic over to the short, appealing girl who walked towards him and then left the stage. "Hi guys!" A high-pitched voice greeted the gathering. "I think you guys already know that we don't have much time this year. All thanks to our president who completely ignored our club for the past two months as he was so BUSY CHASING A GIRL... Who, well at the end, left him heart-broken." She continued with a faint smile on her pale face. "So. Due to this, we won't be having an audition as it takes too much time to organize and then decide. Therefore, we are going to randomly draw a name from these bowls to assign your roles. I hope this makes it more interesting and I hope you guys love it." She mentioned as she pointed towards the bowls arranged on the tables downstage. There was a wave of excitement and anticipation travelling through the air. "OK. Let's Start!" Theo cheered as he approached the first bowl. "The first role is our all-time romantic, emotional character... Julien" he announced. His right-hand dove into the bowl sinking to the bottom, hunting a name. The whole auditorium was soundless, as everyone except me, was awaiting... Theo finally grabbed a piece of paper from the bowl. He held his hand up high, moving the chit in the air. Suspense filled the atmosphere. One question popped in my mind. Who could that be?... 

To Be Continued...