CHAPTER: XVII

Zhou Ming Yun's POV

"What I meant was that... be ready to collect your respective suspension letters shortly." Mr Hamilton sighed helplessly.

"But..." I began when Cara's voice barged in.

"Windsor Greys?! Is that how you see us? Like animals?" This time she didn't mumble under her breath with her head faced towards the floor, like she always does when a professor or even a minor staff talks to her. This time, she looked straight into that vice chancellor's eyes. Damn. So fucking electric.

"You... Miss Wilson?" That old man baffled as he took a step backwards as if he was stabbed right in his heart. "I presume that both of you have forgotten about the incidents that took place this afternoon and... a while ago." He continued as he presented a white cover in the air. That thing had something written on it. I think it was a name. It was... Clindoff...Ryan Clindoff. Shit. I think it's his medical report. If my gut feeling is correct, he must've complained to the disciplinary council. Such a cowardly snake. Just wait till I get out of this room, I'm definitely gonna beat him till his blood comes gushing out of his fucking body. The thought of it makes me clench and unclench my palms as blood boils with fury.

As if on cue, Cara's palm enveloped mine, sending a wave of warm chill which caused my blood pressure to return to normal. Her eyes met mine for a split second. They were speaking to me. No, they were commanding me to calm down.

"Furthermore, what shocked me the most was the news of Miss Wilson's involvement in both of these scenarios. I couldn't believe my ears when I heard that Miss Wilson was in the scene when a student was assaulted. I expected high of you but I just realized that I shouldn't expect anything from you anymore, especially at the moment I saw you both entering my room, what an unlikely match. I am greatly disappointed" That old geezer shook his head as if he was in some sort of a melodrama. 

At that exact moment, Cara's fingertips slipped from my wrist. The warmth was gone. The rope that held me down was released. 

"You didn't even let us explain anyway. All you care about is your useless university's reputation. It was those bastards who started the fight by harassing Cara and the fire alarm thing was just a goddamn accident! You wouldn't understand this because that Ryan has fed you with a load of bullshit." My mouth spat out words I wasn't even bothered to control. 

"Mind you language mister. This is neither your father's house or your brother's office, so keep your incivility to yourself"

"Mr Hamilton, though the words he used were inappropriate,  what he tries to pin point is fair. You never gave us the luxury of defending ourselves and now you have taken a step further to suspend us. And the fact that you are doing all this with our finals and the freshmen initiation coming up seems too unfair. I request that you should reconsider your decision, please." Cara's tone was much lower this time.

Mr Hamilton's eyes narrowed, delivering a look of contemplation. He slowly paced around the room, from one corner to another. He was thinking. He was thinking hard. 

At last he stopped. He looked up. I was able to see our reflection in his eyes as he took large steps forward. "Very well. Here's the deal. Allow me to get into details. Both of you are permitted to partake in the initiation drama practices. However, access to the college premises, including attendance at scheduled classes, is strictly prohibited. This measure has been taken to prevent you two from causing anymore disturbances to the students here. I hope that both of you understand the gravity of the issues and conduct yourselves properly. And as for your exams..." He dragged.

"You both will be allowed to write your final exams but here's the interesting part, if one of you fail, then both of you will not be able to graduate. And for your information, this is not negotiable. And please keep in mind, my definition of fail maybe different from yours." He continued.

That old fox. How Skeptical. I turned to my right in disbelief. I saw her. I saw her stand still. Like the time she realized, she had lost her car key. As her face lost color. As her lips parted to release sound. "But...But...if" Cara stammered as if she was hunting for the right words. 

"As I said, Cara, No buts or ifs." He voiced in a dismissive tone. That was the end of that unfortunate conversation.

As soon as we stepped out of his room, Cara let out a deep sigh, with her lungs chasing out all the air in her chest. Her pale fingers were tightly curled around the two ends of the letter. Is she alright? Is it that bad that she was dumbstruck like this? Is she okay? 

"Cara?..." I properly pronounced her name for the second time today but before I was able to express my concern, she huffed and puffed as words charged out of her mouth.

"WOW! I got suspended! I'm definitely not going to graduate. And GUESS WHAT, it's all THANKS TO YOU! Since the moment I saw your damned face, my life has been ruined. I can't afford to repeat a year! You were the one who punched him! You were the one who tried to act like a fucking hero! But why am I dragged into this? You pissed the vice chancellor off by spouting nonsense! Can't you watch your mouth? God goodness sake..." My ears got numb after the first few sentences. The rest of what she spoke were just random high-pitched sound waves. 

What's wrong with this woman? Why is she blaming it all on me? I freaking saved her! Or I just wanted to punch somebody. Still! Arghhhh! And where was all this attitude when she was in that office. 

"Can you, for god's sake, stop yapping?" That's it, I'm at my limit. She acted like some sort a self-righteous Disney princess in front of that old man but here, she shows her real not-so-princessy face. The witch's face.

Astonishingly, she stopped. AT ONCE! I can't believe it! Oh god, I hope this isn't a dream.

A beat later, she opened her mouth. "Your are right. It's useless telling you anything. I'm just wasting my energy." She stated in a plain voice. "SO DON'T EVER LET ME SEE YOUR GOD FORESAKEN FACE AGAIN!" A ball of energy burst out of her. She simply walked away. I witnessed the distance between us being replaced by loss as she vanished from my eyesight. 

This is it. It's finally over. No more college and no more Miss Nuisance. Phew. It's HER loss by the way. Not mine.

To Be Continued...