chapter 10

he was no saintly mother

The news that Chen Zhiyu was coming to speak at the school was known to everyone.

As the youngest richest man in the country, he was even more famous than many top idols, not just because of his money, but also because of his face.

At the top of the wealthy business circle, there are either men who are on the older side, brash-looking nouveau riche, or philandering young men. A man like Chen Zhiyu, handsome, single, with no bad habits and no scandals, is simply one in a million.

Chen Zhiyu almost keeps to himself, has few friends, and is a loner in whatever business he does, not having even a few business partners. Such a secretive man has fuelled the public's desire to know more about him.

His private life has always been the subject of much discussion. Many speculated that either he was having a good time and kept the news to himself, or that he had some hidden illness that was difficult to talk about. The most talked about was that his family had long ago arranged for him to marry the right person. After all, an upper-class man like him could not just find someone to marry. There is no true love under the capital, a strong union is the real deal.

The legend of Mr Chen was everywhere.

Secretary Li pulled open the car door and Xia Qingshu was photographed the moment he got down from the car. With long limbs and a slender waist, Xia Qingshu's ear tips flushed red as he got out of the car. As if he had just woken up, he stretched out after standing firmly, looking as bright as the moon in the sky.

Dazzling, bright and beautiful.

Secretary Li looked at Xia Qingshu's retreating and was dazed for a moment. He had followed his boss as soon as he graduated and had helped him deal with many peach blossoms in the wild. Some seemingly careless chance encounters were painstakingly planned, and he had seen all sorts of old-fashioned, novel and unique ways of attracting them. Some wealthy ladies offered up their entire family fortune just to show their sincerity.

However, the boss was rock solid at heart, ignoring all of this, and the more men and women he meets, the more he would be disgusted.

But, this Xia student, had accompanied his boss to see him twice and had him investigated a few times in private. After each meeting, the boss's face was not very good, but he'd still come to find him again.

Because of Xia Qing Shu, he even saw the immovable boss in a frantic mood for the first time in his life.

Xia Qingshu walked away happy and bouncy, he could already feel the low pressure of this boss even when outside the car. In his mind, he was beyond sure that he was angry and would come back next time.

Xia Qing Shu carried his school bag and trotted into the third school building.

At the corner of the first floor, He Chen was leaning against the balcony of the veranda, sunbathing, holding a cup of milk tea in his hand and taking a sip now and then.

When he saw Xia Qing Shu, he snorted coldly, "Pestering Chen Zhi Yu now."

The word "now" was very impressive.

Xia Qingshu only gave He Chen a faint look, not stopping, not even pausing briefly, as if he was looking at a passerby.

He Chen was a little embarrassed and forgot to even say his prepared mocking words.

The feeling Xia Qing Shu gave him was too strange.

He doesn't know when Xia Qing Shu changed. All the fancy clothes he used to wear were gone, his speech was still illogical and choking but he almost seemed like a normal person.