chapter 24

Chen Zhiyu shrivels

In the private room of Century Tea House No. 1.

Zhou Qian was boringly stirring the glass of sugar water in front of him, Xia Yubin sat opposite him, put his fork on the fruit, and pushed the fruit plate over.

“Qian, eat more blueberries, it’s good for your eyes.”

“You couldn’t say anything on the phone, you insisted on meeting, talking.” Zhou Qian had just finished corneal surgery and had gauze wrapped around his left eye.

After Xia Qingshu was beaten into the hospital last time, he and Xia Yubin never met in private again. Maybe it was because it was too embarrassing, and Zhou Qian didn’t go to school either. The two usually kept in touch every day, but this time they both avoided each other very tacitly.

Xia Yubin forked a bunch of blueberries from the fruit bowl and sent it to Zhou Qian’s mouth, “You eat first, then talk slowly after eating.”

Zhou Qian suffered a big loss in the Xia Qingshu incident. First, he was detained for a day and a night, and then he swallowed up his apology and paid a huge amount of compensation.

Under the influence of the Zhou family, the school only took a big demerit to him and did not expel him, but he felt so ugly that he had no face to go to school again. After corneal surgery, Zhou Qian chose to drop out of school. After his eyes were healed, he will go abroad to find another school to hang out with and come back in a few years.

Compared to Zhou Qian’s embarrassment, Xia Yubin stayed out of the matter, saying that he could afford another 25 million, but there is still not a shadow of this. Although 50 million is not too much for the Zhou family, he is still a little aggrieved to let him bear everything by himself.

Xia Yubin has been his friend for many years. The other party put on a gesture of begging for peace, and Zhou Qian also stepped up. He glanced at the blueberry that was brought to his mouth, smacking his lips, and still ate it.

When Xia Yubin saw that the other party’s attitude was not as rigid as before, he said, “Xia Qingshu is the Xia family’s biological child.”

Zhou Qian was stunned for a moment, and when he pulled the wound on his left eye, he made a “hiss” in pain, “What did you say?!”

Xia Yubin clenched his teeth, squeezing his hands, he nodded to Zhou Qian, “My parents said, to let him come home, they will send me out.”

Zhou Qian pressed his forehead and roared in indignation, “What’s wrong with my uncle and aunt? Don’t they love you the most?!”

Seeing that the other party was truly upset for him, Xia Yubin choked up a little, “Xia Qing Shu said that you and I had teamed up to bully him and they should confront you, and if I had a part in bullying him, he wanted his parents to cut me off, and I also have to apologise to him in front of the whole school.”

Zhou Qian said angrily, “A  confrontation only, let him come, how can I betray my friends!”

A smile was squeezed out of the sad face, and Xia Yubin’s eyes were full of tears, “Qian, thank you, You are still the best to me.”

“When did he recognize your relatives?” The Zhou family and the Xia family are family friends, and they also knew about the Xia family looking for a child, but they didn’t expect that the child turned out to be Xia Qingshu.

Zhou Qian leaned his legs against the legs of the table, shaking faster and faster, “Although they share blood, they haven’t seen each other for so many years, I don’t believe how deep the relationship is. How could they be so biased? Didn’t brother Xia Ji love you the most, what did he say?”