chapter 26

he loves me so much; dinner

7:30 p.m. Lantong restaurant

At one of the most expensive restaurants in the city, Xia Qing Shu is guided by the waiter to the designated private room. Chen Zhiyu had already arrived early and was sitting on the sofa, working with his computer, when he saw him enter, he beckoned him to wash his hands.

“Mr Chen, why are you inviting me to dinner?” Xia Qingshu’s voice was sullen. It had been a tiring day, he had met with too many people, he had been spinning like a spinning wheel all day, and he was planning to rest early in the evening when he received an invitation to dinner from Chen Zhiyu.

He hadn’t planned to come, but Secretary Li had said something very serious on the phone, so he had to make the trip.

Xia Qing Shu washed his hands and squeezed the towel to wipe the water. The long, white fingers were wet like white jade dipped in cold water.

Chen Zhiyu closed the computer and did not answer the question, his eyes flicked around Qinshu’s fingers and asked, “Did you meet my mother?”

Xia Qingshu yawned, not in the best of spirits, “Yes.”

He had probably just taken a shower and changed his clothes, and the freshness of his body could be smelled from a distance, still smelling familiarly of lemon milk.

Chen Zhiyu lowered his eyes, “My mother gave you a card, why don’t you want it?”

Xia Qingshu gave him a look and sighed, “I’d like to.” But your mother’s request was outrageous, not only did she ask him to leave Chen Zhiyu, she also asked him to use He Chen as a stand-in to make up a pair with He Chen.

Did she ask He Chen? Was he willing to do so? He had not read many novels and had never seen such a dogged and magical plot, so he was stuck and missed the best time to bargain. The chance to achieve financial freedom flew away just like that. What a shame.

He Chen, who was such a stinky fart and had always treated him like a licking dog, threw a glass on the spot when he heard that he had suddenly become a stand-in for a licking dog. He had just also sent him a message asking to talk to him alone. He was sure it would not be a nice talk.

This day and night, so many people are looking for him to talk to, he has cancer, and they still won’t leave him alone. Originally, he thought that crossing over into a book was easy, just dealing with a few paper people, but he didn’t expect that life in a book wasn’t that so simple.

Thinking about how uncomplicated life is and how hard the world is, Xia Qing Shu frowned and sighed once again with a full-fledged sigh, the small white face crumbling tightly.

Damn, it’s too hard on me!

“Take it if you want it, why did you give up?” Chen Zhiyu raised his eyes to look over and saw that Xia Qing Shu’s face looked torn and helpless in the choice between love and money. His white face was wrinkled into a ball, sighing and heavy-hearted.

Only a nineteen-year-old boy could be so determined about love. A man like him, who has passed through the floundering of society, has long since given up the pursuit of love. This deep love was destined to go unanswered.

“I can’t do what Auntie is asking.” Xia Qing Shu propped his head up with one head, his eyes empty, missing the departed black card. As he worried, he couldn’t help but yawn.

Chen Zhiyu looked at his sleepless face and was somewhat amused. When he first took over the company, the elders in his family had warned him that “the business world is like a battlefield”, and he had seen too many people with a heart of gold, and some had more hearts than honeycomb coal. Never had he seen Xia Qing Shu like this, expressing his desires in an outspoken manner.