chapter 27

he is thinking of sleeping with me

The river’s water level rose in the summer, and the electric poles near the shore were somewhat old. Because they were located in a remote area, it did not affect the city’s appearance and did not enter the municipal rectification plan.

The poles were in a state of disrepair and had cracks at the bottom, and now that they were soaked in water, they showed signs of loosening.

The ambulance arrived soon afterwards, and Chen Zhiyu was carried on a stretcher to the ambulance, where he was given an IV. Xia Qingshu sat on the benches on either side of the ambulance. His eyes drooped as he watched Chen Zhiyu lying on the stretcher. His leg had been bandaged to stop the bleeding, and the white blanket covering them did not look too bad.

His face was pale, and he lay there weakly, but he had a morbidly handsome air about him. In the process of pulling Xia Qinshu, two buttons had fallen off his shirt, and he fumbled with one hand to button it to the top one and re-tucked the hem of the shirt into his trousers.

Xia Qingshu did not have the heart to admire his pallid face, the pretty white face wrinkled into a ball, his voice trembling beyond words, “Brother Zhi Yu ….. are you still in pain ?…… Let the nurse lady give you a shot if it hurts.”

He felt a slight itch on his face and reached out to touch it; his cheeks were all wet.

The glistening white and translucent little face looked like it had been soaked in a stream of water, glistening with a surplus of moisture. Why was he crying?

By the time Xia Qingshu realised as an afterthought that the tears could no longer be held up, he stubbornly held back his tears, his pretty eyes hazed. His lips were bitten by his teeth, half red and half white, so bright and shaky.

“It doesn’t hurt.”

Chen Zhiyu’s body froze; it seemed like he had seen this scene somewhere before…

The leg was painful; Chen Zhiyu guessed that it could be a fracture from the seriousness. The lightest condition was a stable bone fracture. But not knowing what was going on, he could not cry out in pain in front of Xia Qingshu. Even less could he get a shot in front of him. Even if he smashed his leg, he was still the same Chen Zhiyu who remained unchanged even in front of Mount Tai collapsed in front of him.

Chen Zhiyu secretly took a deep breath and said with a bland expression, “I’m fine, let Secretary Li take you back first later.”

“I’m not leaving; I’m waiting for you to do the surgery.” Xia Qingshu’s eyes were watery, and his hands were squeezed tightly.

“No, I really am fine.”

“You see, after your surgery, in case something happens in the middle of the night, I can also take care of you by your side.”

Although Xia Qingshu was pretty, he was usually stammering and silly, like a child who hadn’t grown up and could speak in a way that could piss people off. Now, when things go wrong, he seems to have grown up overnight and understands things.

Unbelievably cute.

His voice was as soft as a clear stream, and his face was unusually determined despite his obedient appearance, “Brother Zhiyu, I still have to light your cigarette.”

The expression on his face was like that of a stubborn, pretty little goat. One look at him made people want to take him home and secretly hide him away. Chen Zhiyu also had such thoughts.

“Brother Zhiyu, are you smoking now? I’ll light it for you.”

Xia Qingshu clumsily took out a packet of cigarettes from Chen Zhiyu’s trouser pocket. Perhaps because he was too nervous and afraid of touching the other man’s injury, the cigarette case was pulled out. It was squeezed by him to be absurdly flat, he managed to pull a cigarette out of it, and it broke.