chapter 28

he is crazy about me

In less than half an hour, the ambulance drove into the most luxurious private hospital in the city with a beep.

Before the car had even stopped, Secretary Li was waiting at the hospital's main entrance with seven or eight people. Chen Zhiyu was carried out on a hospital bed and pushed to the radiology department. Xia Qing Shu followed him, running along the way.

Secretary Li, with his men, ran on the other side, like a flock of ducklings chasing after the mother duck.

Chen Zhiyu narrowed his eyes and stared at the group of people following behind Secretary Li, asking, "What are they for?"

Secretary Li returned, "Boss, bedside escorts and temporary nurses."

"Am I going to be paralysed?" Chen Zhiyu's tone was mocking.

Secretary Li froze and fell back a step. He had worked beside the boss for many years and knew his temperament well. What mattered was the desire of these people to serve the boss, and the grandeur of the process of selecting them. The more the carer shows his desire for the job, the more he is doing a good job. Is it that you don't like people? Or was it that the people weren't enthusiastic enough?

The secretary glanced back at the group behind him and wondered...no, he had told them to be more enthusiastic when they met the boss before they arrived. When these people were chasing the bed, they were working very hard and their faces were very expressive, more sad than if it were the death of their own father.

Secretary Li did a quick analysis but couldn't make sense of it. When he stood still, he saw Xia Qing Shu, who was waiting for him at the door.

Xia Qing Shu's eyes were red, and the anxious eyes were very different from the impatience of his previous refusal to work overtime. He was so skinny and small, standing on tiptoe, looking into the emergency room with his neck hooked, quite like a young wife looking forward to her husband's return.

Secretary Li slapped his thigh and realisation dawned on him. He held up a hand to steady the seven temporary nurses who were following behind him.

"You are dismissed, and I will settle the related expenses."

Secretary Li dismissed the temporary escorts, handed the boss's change of clothes to Xia Qing Shu, sent a message to the boss, and left work early.

Boss, this is all I can do for you.

While waiting, Xia Qingshu called home to explain the situation. Xia Lao Er knew that Xia Qingshu would be accompanying Chen Zhiyu and brought him toiletries. He was so worried that he knew Chen Zhiyu had been injured to save Xia Qingshu and almost stayed with him personally.

He didn't know who leaked the news, but Chen Zhiyu's injury became known to the media and several reporters came to the hospital entrance. Xia Qingshu found the hospital security guards and sent the reporters away, and put Chen Zhiyu's personal belongings into the VIP single ward in advance After everything was taken care of, Chen Zhiyu was pushed out by the nurses.

There were two rooms in the VIP ward, apart from the patient's room, there was also a smaller guest room. The nurse gave a couple of instructions and left. Xia Qingshu pushed the wheelchair and took his benefactor into the ward, and only then did he have time to ask about his condition.

After being hit by a hard object, Chen Zhiyu had a slight bone fracture in his leg bone, which did not require surgery, but his leg was also in a cast and he could not move very easily.

"Brother Zhiyu, does it hurt?" Xia Qingshu looked at the other man's plastered leg and gently poked it with his finger.

Chen Zhiyu shook his head.