chapter 31

ultra sound, pregnant?!

Xia Jing came over in less than half an hour.

When he entered the room, Xia Qing Shu was huddled on the sofa, like a weather-beaten sapling. When he saw Xia Jing, he didn't even call out to him, but "hummed" twice in grievance.

Xia Yubin's face turned white: this familiar smell of "tea" was even stronger than his.

Xia Jing had a square face and a serious look. When he entered, he carried his own authority and everyone looked at him in silence. He was not the kind of unreasonable person and he didn't make any comments, but rather first asked Xia Lao Er about the situation.

Xia Lao Er briefly described what had happened, and his eldest aunt added, "We can't blame Yubin for this, it's all because we can't stand it and fight for Yubin. If Qing Shu has it, then so should Yubin and Qing Qiu."

Xia Yubin stood beside Xia Jing and did not say anything. His face was calm, and he seemed to know how to behave without fighting.

Xia Lao Er said, "It's not that we don't want to give it to Yu Bin, it's my father-in-law's and mother-in-law's. I don't have the right to decide. In the past, my wife and I were busy with work, so we often put Qing Shu at his grandparents' house and the old man raised him."

The implication is that it was because Xia Qingshu was loved by the the old man that he gave him the land.

Xia Yubin had never even met the old man, so by definition, he could not have a share of the land. Even his wife was adopted, and the three boys, including Xia Qingqiu, were not related to him, so the gift was entirely the old man's preference.

Xia Qing Shu secretly gave Xia Lao Er a thumbs up, at a critical moment, he became dependable.

After hearing this, Xia Jing's face was somewhat serious, "Yu Bin, I told you that you should refuse something that is not yours, instead of fuelling the flames and holding on to a sliver of luck."

Xia Qing Shu thought to himself, "This biological father is quite sensible, he doesn't seem to be biased. I just don't know if this look of blame was faked for outsiders."

Xia Yubin weakly explained, "Dad, I really didn't want......

Xia Jing's tone took on a stern tone: "If you were adamant that you didn't want it, would your elder aunt still be forcing Qing Shu in your name? If you were adamant that you didn't want it, I wouldn't have received this phone call."

Xia Qing Shu nodded in his heart, "You are absolutely right.

Xia Yubin didn't say anything, lowering his head numbly, crossing his hands and squeezing them, gently sniffling.

To onlookers, it looked like a child who had been reprimanded by a strict father, very aggrieved. Secretly, Xia Yubin was so angry that her teeth ached.

Why were they both biased towards Xia Qing Shu? Xia Lao Er was biased and so was Xia Jing. If Xia Lao Er had been a little fairer, he would have let

Xia Qing Shu take out the land and divide it into three equal shares, one for each of the three children. He was the child of the family, so why should he not be given any share at all?

When Xia Qing Shu dies, the land will fall into the hands of old man Xia, who will sell it and divide the money among his family. It would be better to share half of it with him, and he could still help against Old Man Xia and Eldest Uncle Xia.

Since Xia Lao Er is so biased, don't blame him for not giving a helping hand when the time comes.

Xia Jing was partial and so obviously biased, just wanting Xia Qing Shu to go home. Xia Qing Shu that fool, is he that good that everyone is helping him?