9: FETE OR JIHAD.

ADAMAWA STATE, NIGERIA.

"Oh, Layla and Lana, you made it!" Fatima Musa Babagana screeched from the other end of the large living room that's filled with so many relatives and family.

"Obviously." Layla faked a smile, removed the other shoe at the door and walked inside with Lana beside her still a bit shocked at what Layla did earlier.

They were walking from the parking lot where Lana packed her Corolla car to the main house when Layla sighted Zayd amidst four men. How she managed to know he was amongst them is beyond Lana because she wouldn't have guessed he was there so when she hastily removed her mule wooden shoe and threw it at him, Lana was galvanized to see that it hit Zayd right on his chest where his heart lies. Not only is she sneaky, she can hit her target wherever she wants.

She understands why she did that but is still not okay with what she's done. She should wait for her revenge but she lost control the minute she saw him, something she's never done. Layla has always been in control of her emotions and everything else around her but she couldn't resist after seeing Zayd today. Lana is still wondering what is going on now.

"Don't start with that attitude, dearest." Came Zaitun Muhammad Shema's voice from beside her and she turned around to greet the woman with reluctance.

"Good evening, Ma'am. You look lovely." That is a compliment she didn't want to get out of her mouth but it slipped without her knowledge earning a few chuckles from Fatima and Lana since they know it was a mistake.

Zaitun grinned at the young lady. "Why, thanks, dear. You look extra pretty too."

She is only wearing a scarlet evening gown and that too without anything unique about it. She fell asleep when they reached her apartment but Lana wasn't having it, she woke her up in the most brutal way, pouring water on her. She wouldn't have come had it not been for Lana, that is something she is really sure of no wonder Fatima is surprised by her presence there.

Layla walked further into the room trying to find Teems then remember her flight landed just few minutes ago and the girl will literally take more than an hour to get dressed. Sighing, she went to the far end of the room where there is no kid or adult and sat down with her legs folded in front of her Indian style. She removed her new phone iPhone 7plus from her stockings and connected her AirPods to listen to some music which she played 'No Wahala by 1da Banton featuring Tiwa Savage and Kiss Daniel' before she was rudely interrupted.

She made a face, her brows came together in a frown then she eyes him demurely before she raised a brow questioningly while tilting her head to the side in a way that makes her look young and innocent, if only she won't open her mouth and ruin that impression he had of her. She didn't say anything and continue to look at him without shying away or feeling the least bit discomfort like most other girls. No wonder Zayd despise her, she is not the type he'd go for in this life or any other.

"Hey, I'm Kareem, Zayd's friend." He introduced, slowly sitting himself down on the opposite side facing her, his legs crossed too with hands in front of him like an obedient child taking lessons.

"Okay." She was about to play the song she was listening to before he interrupted her when he snapped his hands in gesture that she should listen to him.

She gave him her best bored expression but he talked anyway. "You look Canadian, are you one by any chance?" He threw his first question looking genuinely curious but Layla tensed, her shoulders bunching together which he didn't like. "It's okay, you don't have to answer that. I just tend to guess peoples identities and I was just guessing..."

"I am Canadian." She narrowed her eyes as if not believing his explanation then she rolled them after seeing the mischief shining in his eyes. "Meeky told you about it."